PDA

View Full Version : Info from parents

JumpingJacks
30-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Mrs P has asked me to get my parents to write a reference style letter for her as she is unlikely to see them during her visit on the 12th. I have passed the message on and the parents have asked mr what sort of things they should include. This is my first inspection do ibhabe no idea as to what should be included. Would it just be what they are happy/unhappy with? Any advice would be appreciated please so I can pass it on.

Thank you

Jac xx

sarah707
31-07-2011, 08:09 AM
I would do a questionnaire and ask for brief comments. Keep it simple and they are more likely to respond...

Are you happy with ... the ways I support your child to be healthy? Yes / no

Do you have any comments you can share with the inspector?

Hth :D

JumpingJacks
31-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I would do a questionnaire and ask for brief comments. Keep it simple and they are more likely to respond...

Are you happy with ... the ways I support your child to be healthy? Yes / no

Do you have any comments you can share with the inspector?

Hth :D

Thanks Sarah that's perfect! So just base it around the 5 matters if the ECM agenda? X

sarah707
31-07-2011, 10:15 AM
That's what I do yes.

Good luck with your inspection!! :D

JumpingJacks
31-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Thank you! X

MAWI
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I asked my parents to email me a reference which I then printed out and put in a folder for Ofsted, Inspector was happy with this. They each wrote in their own words, some a paragraph, some 2 pages long.
I also had the questionnaires as Sarah had mentioned that I carry out twice a year. Inspector could see then that I had constant feedback from parents.

I don't think you can have too much when it comes to Ofsted