PDA

View Full Version : cypop 5- task 9

anisha
30-07-2011, 12:08 PM
can someone guide me on how to link typical behaviours to the child's developmental age and key events in their lives.

I have started the essay but not sure I'm on the right track.

I have put down:

Tantrums- 2 years- not getting their own way

Seperation anxiety- 2-5 years - stating nursery/school

Not sure if I'm on the right track any help is much apprieciated :)

onceinabluemoon
30-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I think you're on the right track but would be inclined to think a bit more positively about the child, for example with 2 year old and tantrums rather than thinking the child is a brat (cant have his own way), think about how hard it must be for them not to be able to communicate to express their strong emotions.

I would start at birth and work up so it has an order to it.

If you can get hold of a copy, children and young persons workforce, early learning and childcare (Tassoni) has a section on CYPOP 5

I should stress that I havent actually done this course, I just had a quick scoot through of the relevent section in my textbook while taking a break from my own coursework... You may want to wait for somebody that has done the course and passed.

Good luck :)

anisha
30-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I think you're on the right track but would be inclined to think a bit more positively about the child, for example with 2 year old and tantrums rather than thinking the child is a brat (cant have his own way), think about how hard it must be for them not to be able to communicate to express their strong emotions.

I would start at birth and work up so it has an order to it.

If you can get hold of a copy, children and young persons workforce, early learning and childcare (Tassoni) has a section on CYPOP 5

I should stress that I havent actually done this course, I just had a quick scoot through of the relevent section in my textbook while taking a break from my own coursework... You may want to wait for somebody that has done the course and passed.

Good luck :)

Thank you for your reply :)

Kiddleywinks
31-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Don't know if I've passed yet - still being assessed lol, but yes, you're on the right track. Do you have the book that accompanies the course? It's all in there.

Good Luck

anisha
31-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't know if I've passed yet - still being assessed lol, but yes, you're on the right track. Do you have the book that accompanies the course? It's all in there.

Good Luck

Yes I have Chrissie, had a look through it again and think I've got it
:blush: