PDA

View Full Version : Haven hols, devon sands - experience?

onceinabluemoon
28-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi there

Recently my two teenage sons and I went to a Haven site in Weymouth for a few days break but there was nothing on site for the boys to do and it rained on and off every day so it was not much good and we ended up coming home early.

A couple of days ago I booked us a long weekend at Devon Cliffs but reading the Trip Advisor reviews (after booking! :rolleyes: )and it says its next to a military firing range and you hear gun shots all day...

So, I'm asking on here if anybody has been and if so what was there honest experience (age of kids would be good)

Thanks x

barbarella68
28-07-2011, 04:44 PM
We went a few years ago and I didn't hear any guns.
It was really good and my son loved it there is a private beach but you have to go down a very steep slope but beach is brilliant and sandy.
The only downfall are the caravans are on a hill and walking everywhere you certainly feel it. But after a while you get use to it. HTH :)

Chimps Childminding
28-07-2011, 06:09 PM
We went a few years ago and I didn't hear any guns.
It was really good and my son loved it there is a private beach but you have to go down a very steep slope but beach is brilliant and sandy.
The only downfall are the caravans are on a hill and walking everywhere you certainly feel it. But after a while you get use to it. HTH :)

Same here!! We used to go regularly when the boys were small. Don't remember hearing any gunshots. Do remember the steep climb, but a good way to keep fit. We always had a great time :clapping: :clapping:

Zumba-mum
28-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I love this place have been a few time and can say i've never heard any guns at all.
Have a great time, only wish i was coming too :)

Minstrel
28-07-2011, 07:03 PM
We went last month and had an excellent time. No gun shot sounds heard at all. (?)

angeldelight
29-07-2011, 05:54 AM
We have always had a great time here

Hope you all have a lovely time

Angel xx