PDA

View Full Version : Hep!! Computer sending random emails

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2011, 07:25 AM
As the title says, my laptop has developed a mind of its own and for the past few days I have been having emails returned which cannot be delivered. The trouble is there are loads of them which seem to have been sent from my laptop to random people/companies most of which I don't even recognise. :eek:

It happened a few weeks ago, then stopped but has happened again the last coupe of days. I turn my laptop on in the morning and have about 30+ returned emails. I have checked my sent box, but nothing in there, don't even know what the emails being sent say, or if any actually get delivered :panic:

Anyone know how to stop it please!!! Have run an AVG scan and there are no viruses showing so not sure whats happening!!!

FussyElmo
27-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a virsus to me - could be one that was in an email so its getting past the AVG.

Have you got any malware protection dh has put that on for us now and anything that gets past the AVG the malware gets :thumbsup:

Lawwa
27-07-2011, 09:05 AM
If you are using something like Hotmail/Yahoo, then change your password. It usually stops it pretty quickly.

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a virsus to me - could be one that was in an email so its getting past the AVG.

Have you got any malware protection dh has put that on for us now and anything that gets past the AVG the malware gets :thumbsup:

Don't think I have got malware, do you download something ??? or buy it??? I'm a bit of a technaphobe :blush:

FussyElmo
27-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I think he downloaded a free version like the AVG :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
27-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Have pm'ed you the link to it - not sure if I could put it on the forum

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Have pm'ed you the link to it - not sure if I could put it on the forum

Thanks, have put it on to downoad!!! :thumbsup: