PDA

View Full Version : so upset i could cry

danielly124
26-07-2011, 04:32 PM
hey guys
had parent visit today for fill a space i have available.it was going really well,but she did mention i might be abit far but as you do you carry on tell them about your setting yourself etc and it was going fab,untill my son started to run across my sofa and wouldnt respond once i took him off, was being alil cheeky and then the last five mins of my visit decided he wanted to play with lipstick,in my role play area then decided he thought it would be funny to put it on the babys face
mum laughed it off and the baby was giggling but i was motified his behaviour was unacceptable in the first place and then he has to put lipstick on the babys face.i said sorry to mum and she was completely fine about it but i cant help feeling really upset with my sons behaviour i just wish he could have behaved for just one visit.:( :( :( :(

caz3007
26-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Mine is 8 and had a parent visit the other week, and turned round to find him draped all over the top of the dining table. He never does this usually and made me really cross. I didnt get the LO, but also there was a distance issue

sarah707
26-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Mine used to ask awkward questions and tell me I was saying the wrong things making me out to be a liar :rolleyes:

they grow up eventually :D

WibbleWobble
26-07-2011, 06:28 PM
katie can be a real pain....she stands right next to the parent, says nothing and stares at them!!! (she is 19 and nearly 6ft tall and built like a brick WC)

i try to explain to katie someone is coming and she should just come in say hello and then go to her room.

last week she did the staring thing again and when i said "what do you want katie?" she said "i wondered if the lady wanted a cup of tea!" still staring at the lady....

now i couldnt tell her off for that...and the tea was lovely and i got the new mindee starting sept!

i explained katies autism and mum was very impressed with her..she is a teacher.

alls well....

mandy xxxx

flowerpots
26-07-2011, 06:59 PM
oh hun, please dont worry about it. As ive said, i never have my dd (2) here on an initial visit because to say she's a live wire is an understatement. All the parents meet her on 2nd visits or settling in sessions because she settles easier when parents/visitors aren't hanging around.

You live and learn hun. :thumbsup:

miffy
26-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Try not to worry, it doesn't sound as though the parent was fazed by it at all.

Fingers crossed you get the work

Miffy xx

gigglinggoblin
26-07-2011, 09:21 PM
My 4 year old climbs on me whenever there is another adult here, even one he sees regularly. He literally climbs up me to sit on my head, its very distracting and obviously I cant interact with anyone because my head is covered in child! He starts school in September which will make initial meetings easier but I will still have to try and keep him off me at pick ups!

danielly124
27-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone I feel abit better today.Xxx