PDA

View Full Version : Childminder -Battersea, London SW11

KelliDoug
26-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I work with children in a caring environment, encouraging learning through purposeful play. My goal is to provide quality childcare by having a secure, loving and safe environment which enables your children to thrive. I enjoy creating a playful, educational program that encourages learning, self-confidence and independence. My program is aimed at meeting the six areas of learning and development of the Early Years Foundation Stage educational program. This creates a smooth transition to their future formal schooling.

I am 44 years old, and I am married to a wonderful man named Michael. I am originally from California and have lived in London for the past 4 years. We reside in a three bedroom flat with a garden. We have a friendly cat, Kiki. Our flat is located just two short blocks from Battersea Park, which is great fun for the children with the lake, zoo, playgrounds and 1 o'clock club. I also have a valid driver's license and own a car, so am able to transport children to fun outings that may not be as accessible by walking or public transport.

I have two daughters, Kaitlyn and Madeleine. Madeleine was born in November 2010 and is such a delight, and Kaitlyn is my 22 year old daughter who lives in Prague.

I was employed by the State of California for seventeen years working with people who were injured on the job. Here in London, I have been a Life Coach for the last 2 years, working with expatriates and people who were going through major life changes. This training has provided me with excellent skills to enhance children's emotional well-being by teaching them skills to be happy and assist their emotional and social development.

I have become a childminder for several reasons: the most important being that I love working with children, another because having a little one at home has limited my availability to coach clients, and a third being that I want Madeleine to have little mates to play and grow up with. I have always wanted to work with children and having a little one now makes this the most logical career move.

My current vancancies:

2 openings for 1 - 5 yr olds beginning in Mid August.

You can find additional information on my website: <please see Forum rules on adding website links, thank you>

Thank you for your interest, and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Kelli