PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very sad.

sunbeams
25-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Tomorrow is the last day I will collect my boys from their primary school. :(

DS1 is moving up to secondary school in September. DS2 & 3 are moving from the current primary school, as since the new head has taken over, sadly alot has changed within the school - not all of it for the best. :o

My boys have had 'move up days' to their new schools, and love it. The new school is a real village school - only 109 pupils in the whole of KS1 & 2! The head of the new school sold the move to me by explaining the ways the school is there for the children - not the other way round.:clapping:

DS2 has learning problems, but as he has no 'label' and is not autistic/asbergers/ADHD etc and cannot be statemented, the school he is at at the mo, are unable to offer the extra help he needs.:eek: DH, me and the new school are pleased DS has no diagnosis, as it is more likely to be able to be overcome, with help. (Which they are putting in place before DS starts!!):clapping:

So, there is no reason for me to feel sad about tomorrow, my children will be happy and much better off educationally. :jump for joy:

I will however, miss my friends - both parents and some staff. I will miss theatre group which I have been running with another parent for the past 2 years, along with gardening club which I have been running alongside a teacher for the last year.

I know this sound selfish, but I am dreading tomorrow. :( I will make sure I have plenty of Kleenex with me and try my best not to blub.:o

angeldelight
25-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I know it's horrible

Hope you can stay in touch with some of them

Hugs

Angel xxxx

The Juggler
26-07-2011, 07:06 AM
hope you are ok. i think we are sad for that part of their childhood which is gone. at our y6 leavers assembly the head was sobbing, the y6 teachers were and all the children were sobbing - and most of hte parents. it was heartbreaking ...but in a happy way :laughing:

sunbeams
26-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Deep breath - off to do the last school run at current primary school :(

rickysmiths
26-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Just focus on all the positives. New friends, new theatre group perhaps run in conjunction with the current one? Help with new gardening club?

My son moved Primary school twice, onec because of difficulties with the school he was at and then 2 years later because we moved house. He made freinds easily and we made new freinds both time and have kept in touch with a few from each!

sunbeams
26-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Very emotional!! I managed to hold it together until DS3's teacher give me a huge hug and her eyes started leaking :( That was it - flood gates open! :o

All 3 boys had a lovely last day and are very positive about their new schools.:clapping:

DS2 having his birthday treat - cinema and Pizza Hut - on Saturday and has 3 of his new friends coming along with 3 of his old friends! :jump for joy: :jump for joy:
It's only me being a great emotional girlie wuss pants!!:blush: