PDA

View Full Version : I would love some advice please ?

katie78
24-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I was thinking today about how to find mindee's and had an idea but want to run it by you all here first to see what your reaction would be if it was you??

I was thinking about ringing up some childminders that are on my local fis list and explaining to them that i am going to be registered in a few weeks and that if possible when prospective parents ring up and they are full if they could pass my number onto them ??

I don't want to step on anyones toes as it would be for the children they could not fit in ????

Is this a good idea or not as i do want to start work but do not want to get on anyones bad side to start off with !!

Thanks for your help Katie :)

kriscross
24-07-2011, 07:20 PM
hi hun im newly registered too and im starting in 5 weeks time.
I did as you are suggesting and all the cm in my area were so supportive they are all full up and have no spaces so they said they will all pass my details on to parents who call them.
good luck with it all xx

Jiorjiina
24-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't think it should be a problem. If they're only passing info about you on once they're full, you're hardly stepping on anyone's toes. If you do the same if you're full (which I imagine you would anyway), then I don't see any problem with it.

julie w
24-07-2011, 09:43 PM
If someone called me ie a new childminder, I would be more than happy to take their number and pass mindees on .x.

The Juggler
25-07-2011, 07:27 AM
absolutely a good idea. maybe even try to get to a group and meet some of them :)

bluebell3
27-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Fab idea - all the childminders in this area work together and have said they will pass on my number. Unfortunately its quite quiet here so they have a few spaces of their own but I am hoping it will pick up for us all soon. Is there a childminder network in your area or any meetings run by your local children's centre? Would be a good way of them putting a face to the name and handing a business card to them so they have your number to hand should someone call. Good luck with it and hope you fill your places soon.

mama2three
27-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I think its a great idea to phone and introduce yourself. maybe see if there is a group you could go to to meet them all too. Hopefully your group will be like mine here and be very close and supportive.
As for passing on numbers much will depend on how busy your area is. I would go to a group , chat to everyone , get a feel for how busy everyone is and then ask. You may find that they are more likely to pass on your details once they have met you - I usually pass on numbers of other minders but only the ones I would recommend iyswim.
Good luck x