PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

Greengrass74
23-07-2011, 04:33 PM
How sad have just heard the news about Amy Winehouse being found dead in her flat.

She was a real talent with a fantastic voice.

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Just watching sky news, very sad x :panic:

PixiePetal
23-07-2011, 04:42 PM
never been a fan of her music but that is so sad :(

Mookins
23-07-2011, 04:43 PM
free of her demons at last xx

Mouse
23-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Such a shame.

sweets
23-07-2011, 04:49 PM
don't want to sound harsh but it was only a matter of time :(

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2011, 04:52 PM
don't want to sound harsh but it was only a matter of time :(

Agree :panic:

sarah707
23-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Why is it that great talent is so often flawed? :( RIP Amy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2011, 05:12 PM
REP Amy

Too much too young - what a waste :(

Stormy
23-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Saw her in concert a few years ago, an amazingly talented lady, such a shame so sad for her family.

WibbleWobble
23-07-2011, 05:49 PM
yes its sad...

i never "got" her though

mandy xx

Pipsqueak
23-07-2011, 05:55 PM
very very sad - yes and I feel terrifically for her family - tbh though I feel more for those innocent victims yesterday in Norway.

crabby old bag I am

WibbleWobble
23-07-2011, 05:57 PM
very very sad - yes and I feel terrifically for her family - tbh though I feel more for those innocent victims yesterday in Norway.

crabby old bag I am

actually i agree with you...i must be a member of the crabby old bag club

mandy xx

flora
23-07-2011, 05:58 PM

crabby old bag I am

Can I join your crabby old bag club, cos thats how I feel.

Yes on one level sad that she is dead so young. But she had her finger firmly on the self detruct button for years now, so hopefull she is at peace at last .

Trouble
23-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Can I join your crabby old bag club, cos thats how I feel.

Yes on one level sad that she is dead so young. But she had her finger firmly on the self detruct button for years now, so hopefull she is at peace at last .

i agree she made her choices :(

caz3007
23-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I think its been sad to hear this weekend of so many young lives lost.

Yes Amy could have changed things, but she was a troubled soul and sometimes its so hard to get yourself out of drug addiction. I hope she is now at peace

alwaysright
23-07-2011, 07:33 PM
its sad but i think she chose her own fate! my sympathies are more with the people who died in norway who had no choice as to how their lifes ended

Chimps Childminding
23-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree, it is a tragedy, but not really unexpected :( Such a waste of a young life. But feel even more for those in Norway :( :(

Mouse
23-07-2011, 08:29 PM

crabby old bag I am

I have enough compassion to feel for both. I'm amazed that people seem to be turning it into some sort of competition - if you feel sorry for Amy Winehouse you're a bad person because you're not feeling MORE sorry for the people in Norway.

2 completely unconnected events that don't need to be compared.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that's what you're saying. It's just an observation on many comments I have seen today.

caz3007
23-07-2011, 08:39 PM
I have enough compassion to feel for both. I'm amazed that people seem to be turning it into some sort of competition - if you feel sorry for Amy Winehouse you're a bad person because you're not feeling MORE sorry for the people in Norway.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that's what you're saying. It's just an observation on many comments I have seen today.

I agree

Any loss of young life is sad, it doesnt matter how it happens, its still sad that someone has died. Friend lost her son really young, it was an accident, but it was basically cos he wasnt careful, but it was really really sad and devastated everyone around him. Same I am sure to all the families who have lost children and loved ones this weekend.

Winnie
23-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I agree

Any loss of young life is sad, it doesnt matter how it happens, its still sad that someone has died. Friend lost her son really young, it was an accident, but it was basically cos he wasnt careful, but it was really really sad and devastated everyone around him. Same I am sure to all the families who have lost children and loved ones this weekend.

I agree, and even more sad when the person is young. As always, its the people left behind who should have our compassion.

Pipsqueak
23-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Believe me I have a LOT of compassion for MANY people - however I have less tolerance and compassion for those who make the decision to waste their life. We all have choices to make in life and this woman had a lot - she CHOOSE to waste it... she had the resources at her finger tips to make things better- again her choice that she didn't.

Whilst I am not making it into a competition, Ms Winehouse had a choice - the people in Norway did not. I feel sorry that Ms Winehouse choose to waste her precious life.... i feel sorry for her family and friends very much - its tragic on their behalf..

caz3007
23-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Believe me I have a LOT of compassion for MANY people - however I have less tolerance and compassion for those who make the decision to waste their life. We all have choices to make in life and this woman had a lot - she CHOOSE to waste it... she had the resources at her finger tips to make things better- again her choice that she didn't.

Whilst I am not making it into a competition, Ms Winehouse had a choice - the people in Norway did not. I feel sorry that Ms Winehouse choose to waste her precious life.... i feel sorry for her family and friends very much - its tragic on their behalf..

Yes she had a choice, but we dont know the reasons behind her addiction and there often are reasons. I dont think any of us should judge, after all we only knew what was reported in the press.

Its such a shame that so many parents are going to burying their children in the coming weeks

Pipsqueak
23-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes she had a choice, but we dont know the reasons behind her addiction and there often are reasons. I dont think any of us should judge, after all we only knew what was reported in the press.

Its such a shame that so many parents are going to burying their children in the coming weeks

sorry don't mean to be an argumentative cowpat... but she had a choice when she first got involved with drugs.....

I know about drug involvement from several angles and I promise you its a CHOICE - a life style choice - once the addiction takes hold the choices are slowly eroded but they are still there.

I agree none of us know and never will the exact circumstances and a life wasted is very sad no matter who's it is....rich poor addict or not....
A junkie addict is a very sad sad thing and its even worse when the resources to get better are available to get better (however that has GOT to come from within as with anything)
I am not judging but I am talking from personal experiences and I have little sympathy with an addict - only the peoples lives they drag with them

Mouse
23-07-2011, 09:45 PM

That's what I'm not getting. Why are the events of Norway relevant to Amy Winehouse dying?

Pipsqueak
23-07-2011, 09:50 PM
That's what I'm not getting. Why are the events of Norway relevant to Amy Winehouse dying?

She made her (bad) choices that has ultimately led to her death. She choose to be a drug addict - she started that process with her first snort, sniff, chase, pill or potion..... whatever

the people of Norway did not have a choice in their death...they got that choice taken away from them - all they are 'guilty' of is going out their front doors

Hebs
23-07-2011, 09:56 PM
well i have no sympathy nor do i feel sorry at her passing

she made her decisions and thats the way it goes :rolleyes:

Helen Dempster
23-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I was out with my family at TGI Friday when the waitress came over and said "have you heard the news...?" Very sad, but unfortunately it was only a matter of time. She's been going downhill fast. Such a waste of a talent, but as someone else has said, at least she's free of her demons at last. She was so young too, like alot of the great musicians of our time.

Mouse
23-07-2011, 10:04 PM
She made her (bad) choices that has ultimately led to her death. She choose to be a drug addict - she started that process with her first snort, sniff, chase, pill or potion..... whatever

the people of Norway did not have a choice in their death...they got that choice taken away from them - all they are 'guilty' of is going out their front doors

Yes I understand the differences between the two, but why are they being compared? Aren't they 2 completely different, unrelated events.

If people don't have sympathy for Amy Winehouse, that's fine, just say that. They don't need to justify it by saying their sympathy is with the families in Norway instead.

aly
23-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes I understand the differences between the two, but why are they being compared? Aren't they 2 completely different, unrelated events.

If people don't have sympathy for Amy Winehouse, that's fine, just say that. They don't need to justify it by saying their sympathy is with the families in Norway instead.

I totally agree.!!!

I'm sure people have enough sympathy out there for a lot of people not just for 1 person or 100 people.

Jiorjiina
23-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I was sad to hear it, because it was a waste of an amazing talent. I wasn't surprised though.
:(

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2011, 10:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
23-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I was very unsurprised when DH told me. It's her family I feel for. I agree that addicts have a choice - I have a sister who is an addict and it's family that suffer for it. I'm very black and white where drugs are concerned. Some comments I've read on news forums are blaming her family for not stepping in and helping which I find so unfair - in my experience the family can do everything they can and still be powerless to stop the addictive behaviour. An addict has to *want* to get better and she just wasn't ready. Her family will be grieving enough without adding guilt to their grief :(

Pipsqueak
24-07-2011, 07:43 AM

Whilst they are different and unrelated there is a common denominator - death - I think what people are perceiving the difference to be is that there are threads and posts about 'poor' Amy Winehouse' (and her wasted talent) and nothing about the people of Norway. I rarely watch the news (or tv)unless its the 10pm - because I don't have time to... and the first I knew of either was FB status and on here.... and guess who's I heard of first... Amy......
(so I caught up with the late news).

I think people are so sick of junkies - even talented ones. Her ex-husband Blake someone...... Pete Docherty.... Kate Moss - poor little rich (privilaged) people on self destruct.....in the limelight.... I have no tolerance for druggies - they ruin other peoples lives not just their own.

As said - she made her bed in life. No I have no sympathy for her whatsoever - only the people she leaves behind and the lives she messed around with on her jolly.

think we'll have to agree to disagree here

ajs
24-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Of course its not a competition, but she was in self destruct while those young people had their whole lives to live, she was never going to live to an old age.

If the two had not happened on the same day of course the comments would have been different but the sentiments the same. But I can't waste sympathy on her it would by hypocritical I didn't ' like' her when she was alive and won't pretend to be affected by her death

rickysmiths
24-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree both events are a tragedy.

One self motivated by a choice of lifestyle.

The other subjected poor children to to their untimely unwanted deaths.

mumto3
24-07-2011, 08:59 AM
It is very sad, apparently she had just come out of rehab, not sure how true that is, we wont hear too much about that aspect tho coz its positive and tge media prefer to print the negatives

I dont think drug addiction is always a choice or black and white, it depends on a whole lot of other stuff that none of us know about

Katiekoo
24-07-2011, 09:08 AM
For years I think we've all felt this was coming.
About three and a half/ four years ago I remember a recieving a message to the press from her family and her PR people, it called for us to respect her privacy in her efforts to turn her life around and leave her in peace while she struggled with these demons, she was getting medical attention and support from her family and that we all had a responsibility to support her, not drag her down.
I remember feeling a glimmer of hope for her. She may have chosen the lifestyle initially and I am not entirely sympathetic, but her addictions had a firm grip.

Louise0208
24-07-2011, 09:20 AM
well i have no sympathy nor do i feel sorry at her passing

she made her decisions and thats the way it goes :rolleyes:

im with you here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my facebook page erupted with 'OMG im crying, such a shock, RIP, i will miss you' :rolleyes: No you wont, you never knew her, it was gonna happen either now or 10 yrs down the road, you probably hadnt thought about her since that last time you read about her antics, ....get a reality check facebook people! :laughing:

harsh.....but im passed caring :p

Hebs
24-07-2011, 09:46 AM
im with you here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my facebook page erupted with 'OMG im crying, such a shock, RIP, i will miss you' :rolleyes: No you wont, you never knew her, it was gonna happen either now or 10 yrs down the road, you probably hadnt thought about her since that last time you read about her antics, ....get a reality check facebook people! :laughing:

harsh.....but im passed caring :p

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: well said

clorogue
24-07-2011, 09:51 AM
None of is can judge, additiction is an illness affecting the person and the family all around. There are reasons for addictions deep down, not coping with life. It is a very deep and complex issue.

She was a human being in need of help, and sadly she couldn't be.

May she rest in peace.

rickysmiths
24-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry, but I am truely saddened, on a site where people care for children and have children of their own, two only born in the last few days.

This thread about a pop star has had 40 comments made on it, about a single very sad event, but none the less expected because of the life style choices made by the person themselves.

When only 3 or 4 have commented or expressed sadness or sympathy for all those familes and friends in Norway who have had their lives unexpectedly ended or ripped apart forever, through no fault of their own this weekend. 91 people have died and there are still 5 children who have not been found but they are sure they have died, poor , poor families. How can we ever begin to know what they are going through this day.

Food for thought I think?

The Juggler
24-07-2011, 11:12 AM
i lost a young(ish) friend to drink. I was so angry with him and thought he did it all to himself and thought he was very selfish hurting everyone. I thought this even though I knew he couldn't really help it and it was a physical and mental addiction. took me a while to reflect on this. No-one who does this to themselves does it whilst consciously in control of what they are doing.

I am deeply saddened by the norwegian tragedy and it is even sadder because for those that lost their lives they were not in control - it was horrendous in such an otherwise peaceful nation. But Amy was not really in control either :(

manjay
24-07-2011, 11:17 AM
None of is can judge, additiction is an illness affecting the person and the family all around. There are reasons for addictions deep down, not coping with life. It is a very deep and complex issue.

May she rest in peace.

Hebs
24-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I am truely saddened, on a site where people care for children and have children of their own, two only born in the last few days.

This thread about a pop star has had 40 comments made on it, about a single very sad event, but none the less expected because of the life style choices made by the person themselves.

When only 3 or 4 have commented or expressed sadness or sympathy for all those familes and friends in Norway who have had their lives unexpectedly ended or ripped apart forever, through no fault of their own this weekend. 91 people have died and there are still 5 children who have not been found but they are sure they have died, poor , poor families. How can we ever begin to know what they are going through this day.

Food for thought I think?

yes, very sad, i have the families of the norwegien victims in my thoughts, they are the true people who suffer the unexpected loss of a loved one x

LOOPYLISA
24-07-2011, 02:45 PM

May she rest in peace.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SamBaker
24-07-2011, 03:18 PM
its sad but i think she chose her own fate! my sympathies are more with the people who died in norway who had no choice as to how their lifes ended

Totally agree with that one. She really could of made a very good life for herself in the same way Adele has.

PixiePetal
24-07-2011, 03:51 PM

May she rest in peace.

:thumbsup: and that's the end for me as I didn't know her and will leave it to her family to grieve for a family member lost to her addictions.

I nearly lost my 16yr old (at the time) nephew to drugs - mainly cannabis which made him psychotic, if his suicide attempt had been successful when he felt his life was not worth living as it was, I would like to think people would not say 'tough, he made his bed, he can lie in it' - he is now a lovely 22 yr old, still with the original problems which led him to try drugs as a way out of his real life but finding other ways to get along, with help and support.

Norway is a totally different thing which had it happened on a different day would not be spoken about in comparison - truly shocking and sad for all.

LOOPYLISA
24-07-2011, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup: and that's the end for me as I didn't know her and will leave it to her family to grieve for a family member lost to her addictions.

I nearly lost my 16yr old (at the time) nephew to drugs - mainly cannabis which made him psychotic, if his suicide attempt had been successful when he felt his life was not worth living as it was, I would like to think people would not say 'tough, he made his bed, he can lie in it' - he is now a lovely 22 yr old, still with the original problems which led him to try drugs as a way out of his real life but finding other ways to get along, with help and support.

Norway is a totally different thing which had it happened on a different day would not be spoken about in comparison - truly shocking and sad for all.

xxxxxxxx

clorogue
24-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePetal
and that's the end for me as I didn't know her and will leave it to her family to grieve for a family member lost to her addictions.

Amy's parents said that the addiction started after the loss of her grandmother....if it was grief, it is a terrible thing to deal with and some of us are not armed with the strategies to cope and turn to other ways..her addiction and self harming was complex....

Norway and Amy terrible tragedies in different ways. My heart goes out to all. Totally heartbreaking.

mushpea
24-07-2011, 07:21 PM
both are terrible tradegies this is true and when I first heard about amy whinehouse i was saddend but for only a couple of minutes when i realised how she died,, its self inflicted and its not as if the young people of today dont understand the risk they take when they dabble in drugs so yes i feel for her family but she did it to herself, she had a choice.
those poor people in norway had no choice over their death nor did their familys and that for me is the big difference.
god rest all those who died in norway and may their familys , in time, come to terms with what has happend and may they get justice.

Katiekoo
26-07-2011, 09:14 PM
I am deeply saddened to see grown people more interested in petty bickering over who deserves the most grief than in grieving itself.
Please can we find it in our hearts to have enough compassion and good grace to honour the loss of lives, whosever they may be.

Greengrass74
27-07-2011, 06:36 AM
both are terrible tradegies this is true and when I first heard about amy whinehouse i was saddend but for only a couple of minutes when i realised how she died,, its self inflicted and its not as if the young people of today dont understand the risk they take when they dabble in drugs so yes i feel for her family but she did it to herself, she had a choice.
those poor people in norway had no choice over their death nor did their familys and that for me is the big difference.
god rest all those who died in norway and may their familys , in time, come to terms with what has happend and may they get justice.

Just curious, would you feel the same way if it was a member of your family that had died from drugs.

Greengrass74
27-07-2011, 06:37 AM
I am deeply saddened to see grown people more interested in petty bickering over who deserves the most grief than in grieving itself.
Please can we find it in our hearts to have enough compassion and good grace to honour the loss of lives, whosever they may be.

Totally agree

christine e
27-07-2011, 06:39 AM

Well said:thumbsup: Can't agree more

Cx

rickysmiths
27-07-2011, 07:59 AM

I think that is a bit harsh. I don't think there has been any 'bickering'. People are sorry and grieving for both, but pointing out the difference in circumstances in the two tragedies.

Stormy
27-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I must say this thread has surprised me a little, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Addiction is a terrible illness be it drugs, alcohol, self harm, ocd,solvent abuse,diet ie, anorexia, bulemia, over eating.
I know someone who had severe ocd who would bleach their hands till they were raw,
My childminder co-ordinator has emphysema and asthma but continues to smoke, even with the best therapy money can buy some peoples compulsions are too strong to fight.
Karen Carpenter died from complications of anorexia, I'm sure more empathy would have been given to her if she was in the media now.
Would people say she deserved it? she had the tools to change her life but she didn't!
Some people dabble with substances and come out of the other end some are not so lucky.
We can never know what anyone is feeling on the inside or what event in their life led them to feel so sad to hide away from their problems.
The thread was started about Amy Winehouse and tragically it coincided with the terrible events in Norway, I'm sure if a thread had been started about Norway, we being the caring people we are would have commented accordingly.
Lets hope that none of our children or our familys and friends have to cope with any addiction that is so strong that it ultimately kills them.

Mouse
27-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I do wonder if the people who say Amy Winehouse got what she deserved would have said the same about Elvis, Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe etc etc. They all died from their addictions, as have many, many more 'celebrities'.

mushpea
27-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Just curious, would you feel the same way if it was a member of your family that had died from drugs.

if that family member had choosen to take illegal drugs ie not prescribed, and over dosed on them then yes i would think its their fault and its self inflicted, obviously I would feel sadend by their death but my view would still be the same.

Louise0208
27-07-2011, 12:22 PM
wooooohaaa there!!!

unless i have totally missed it im not sure anyone said she deserved it, people of said she chose her path, we saw it coming, some of us lacked sympathy (me included) but i would never say she deserved to die!....that is something completely different! :rolleyes:

BTW....i have a past with drugs so yes i do have the right to cast an oppinion :p i had people around me die through drugs (at the time i thought they were friends but they were just people i got wasted with!)

Addiction is an illness but there are services out there for people that want help, Amy was in a position that she could afford the best care in the world should she want it but she chose not to. even when she did seek help she chose to go back into reality (against family & proffesionals wishes) surrounded by the same people that fed her habit....even the strongest person in the world could fall back into the same old habit if surrounded by it in a 'normal' daily routine.

But thats just my oppinion :D

ORKSIE
27-07-2011, 12:27 PM
There has not been a coroners report yet to say how she died...we are all assuming cos she was a addict that this is how she died :(

x

Pipsqueak
27-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I do wonder if the people who say Amy Winehouse got what she deserved would have said the same about Elvis, Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe etc etc. They all died from their addictions, as have many, many more 'celebrities'.

I don't think anyone has said she deserved death... many have said she chose that particular path and so on. I think that is a rather unfair statement and its twisting much of what has been said - again wrongly and unfairly.

No I really don't have much sympathy for those who CHOOSE that path as I say. We all have choices in life - even those are addicts. Yes I would say the same about Elvis and all the others, I would say the same about a family member - and I have done so.
Like I say I have first hand experience and I know the devastation these CHOICES have on that person and those around them.

Mouse
27-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't think anyone has said she deserved death... many have said she chose that particular path and so on. I think that is a rather unfair statement and its twisting much of what has been said - again wrongly and unfairly.

No I really don't have much sympathy for those who CHOOSE that path as I say. We all have choices in life - even those are addicts. Yes I would say the same about Elvis and all the others, I would say the same about a family member - and I have done so.
Like I say I have first hand experience and I know the devastation these CHOICES have on that person and those around them.

I didn't say anyone on here had said she deserved it, but this isn't the only place I read & post comments!
It was a general comment on what I have seen and heard. Many people (facebook, other message boards, news reports) have said that she deserved her fate. I agree though, no one on here has actually said she deserved it. The comments on here were limited to the lack of symapthy people had for her situation, which i acknowledge is different.

Perhaps I should have worded my post "I wonder if people (in general, not including any memeber of this forum) etc etc etc"!

Pipsqueak
27-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I didn't say anyone on here had said she deserved it, but this isn't the only place I read & post comments!
It was a general comment on what I have seen and heard. Many people (facebook, other message boards, news reports) have said that she deserved her fate. I agree though, no one on here has actually said she deserved it. The comments on here were limited to the lack of symapthy people had for her situation, which i acknowledge is different.

Perhaps I should have worded my post "I wonder if people (in general, not including any memeber of this forum) etc etc etc"!

Right, my mistake then... I didn't realise that you were on about other forums..:o

generally I post here and on FB (am selective on FB) and I try to avoid other forums (unless its for a laugh and a giggle) purely for that judgemental reason. I know that people on here are not that judgemental or nasty in general and for the most part I feel 'safe' expressing my opinion on here - although just lately its seemed a bit 'touchy' on here for some reason....

Mouse
27-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Right, my mistake then... I didn't realise that you were on about other forums..:o

generally I post here and on FB (am selective on FB) and I try to avoid other forums (unless its for a laugh and a giggle) purely for that judgemental reason. I know that people on here are not that judgemental or nasty in general and for the most part I feel 'safe' expressing my opinion on here - although just lately its seemed a bit 'touchy' on here for some reason....

No need to apologise. I realise my post wasn't clear. I tend to post thoughts as they pop into my head, so a lot of my posts are just that - random thoughts and observations!

Friends? :D :laughing:

Pipsqueak
27-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Friends? :D :laughing:

of course!!!:D

rickysmiths
27-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I must say this thread has surprised me a little, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Addiction is a terrible illness be it drugs, alcohol, self harm, ocd,solvent abuse,diet ie, anorexia, bulemia, over eating.
I know someone who had severe ocd who would bleach their hands till they were raw,
My childminder co-ordinator has emphysema and asthma but continues to smoke, even with the best therapy money can buy some peoples compulsions are too strong to fight.
Karen Carpenter died from complications of anorexia, I'm sure more empathy would have been given to her if she was in the media now.
Would people say she deserved it? she had the tools to change her life but she didn't!
Some people dabble with substances and come out of the other end some are not so lucky.
We can never know what anyone is feeling on the inside or what event in their life led them to feel so sad to hide away from their problems.
The thread was started about Amy Winehouse and tragically it coincided with the terrible events in Norway, I'm sure if a thread had been started about Norway, we being the caring people we are would have commented accordingly.
Lets hope that none of our children or our familys and friends have to cope with any addiction that is so strong that it ultimately kills them.

Stormy, a Thread was started on Norway and rather fewer people have posted on it than this one which I find surprising.

Here it is :

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85922&highlight=Norway

Stormy
27-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Stormy, a Thread was started on Norway and rather fewer people have posted on it than this one which I find surprising.

Here it is :

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85922&highlight=Norway

I missed this thread completely, just read it now x

Greengrass74
27-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I only started this thread to say how sad and what a talent Amy Winehouse was,

Greengrass74
27-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Maybe just a final thought on this

When a celebrity dies, everyone makes a big deal about it. But when a soldier dies protecting OUR country, no one cares. Amy Winehouse spent her time drinking and taking drugs, (her chose) yet all the boys fighting give their lives doing something right.

rickysmiths
27-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Absolutely Dave. :thumbsup: