PDA

View Full Version : Who do I chase about my certificate?

kellib
20-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi :)

I had my first pre reg home visit 6 weeks ago now, the lady that came said I would be registered in a 'few weeks'.

I haven't had my certificate and I was wondering is there anyone I can chase up about it or do I just have to sit and wait even more?

JanieK
20-07-2011, 08:25 PM
My certificate was delayed slightly as we were waiting on the PVG Scheme record being done but as soon as that came in I contacted them and they got things rolling.

However I did chase them after a few weeks and it turned out that although the Inspectors report had been approved and everything was on track, somebody didn't hit the button to prepare a certificate.

Once they'd noticed this, I got my registration terms posted out the next day, signed them, posted them back and then very quickly got information via email and letter to advise my certificate was ready to view online. I was waiting on my certificate as I had somebody ready to start. My inspector did say that they'd always prioritise someone who had work lined up (although don't think you're meant to advertise in advance??!! :blush: )

Good luck!

Amyclark32
21-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi, I have also been told all my checks are complete including pvg but have been waiting weeks to hear about my visit. Turns out the inspector who is coming is on 2 weeks holiday. Possibly the lady who came to see you maybe on hols? It is that time of year. Its soo frustrating how slow things progress. x

kellib
22-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I finally managed to speak to someone this morning, the woman who came out to see me has ignored my emails and phone calls for the past 6 weeks!

Anyway spoke to someone who was so so helpful, she said the woman hasn't been on any holidays since she came out to see me, she looked through my application and everything that needs done has been done so she was going to email the woman and basically ask her what's going on. Hopefully I'll get a phone call back this afternoon explaining!

danasdaycare
26-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I believe the inspector needs to send you a report first with terms you discussed at your visit with a form called NR22? to sign and send back.

Then you will need to be in touch with a help desk to access the certificate online. Mind you, it is your local office which submits this to the e forms, I was registered on 9 June and it tool until 5 July to be available! Unless specifically requested I do not think the certificates are posted any more..

You can advertise if inspector confirms to you that you are registered and certificate has been sent to e-forms though.

By the way, I complained as it took from 25 March until May to get the letter sent out to sign. It was only when I did complain that all was completed:rolleyes:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Dana

kellib
27-07-2011, 09:09 AM

I finally got an email from the inspector who came out on Monday saying she was just doing my report now! She also said 'shouldn't be long now' when I asked how long it will take now, helpful!

Just got to sit and wait now, again :)