PDA

View Full Version : Duh - Ist it just me - Sef on line facility closing tomorrow

Heaven Scent
20-07-2011, 04:34 PM
When did this come about - I went to go on there today and there is a big notice that it is closing at 5.30 tomorrow ???????????????? or is it just for schools - Who was told and have I missed loads of info about it on here???

It says its part of the government cost saving - see quote below from Ofsted website.

"In line with the government’s programme for cost efficiency and reducing bureaucracy Ofsted will discontinue the self-evaluation form (SEF) website from 22 July 2011. From this date, schools will no longer be able to access their SEF for maintained schools or school information and self-evaluation form (SIEF) for independent schools. If you wish to keep a copy of the data and information you have entered in your SEF or SIEF you must save your SEF or SIEF to your school’s own electronic filing system by 21 July 2011 at the latest. Guidance on how to do this is available in our leaflet Instructions for schools on saving a copy of their SEF or SIEF"

Andrea08
20-07-2011, 04:44 PM
OMG does this mean we no longer need to do it?...

or do we have to down load it and fill it in at home?

was going to do my up-dates on days its quiet ere during the hols....

x

sarah707
20-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I think it's just for schools... they said a while ago that schools no longer had to do the SEF in its current format.

Sorry to disappoint! :laughing:

miffy
20-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Just schools not us (unfortunately) atm - we can live in hope though!

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
20-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually that's just fine that the Status Quo remains - I would have been peeved if it had gone - and I knew nothing about it - cant find my log on details though will need to get them again - I had them the other week and think I may have binned them - OOOOPPPPSSSS

miffy
20-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Are you still waiting for your inspection HS or have you had it?

Miffy xx

flowerpots
20-07-2011, 05:25 PM
This is going to sound a bit sill but my network co-ordinator has recommended i make a start to my sef but ive got no idea how to log-on, i havent got a password, i dont think???:o

Andrea08
21-07-2011, 07:51 AM
This is going to sound a bit sill but my network co-ordinator has recommended i make a start to my sef but ive got no idea how to log-on, i havent got a password, i dont think???:o

you need to ring ofsted hun and they will help you log on for the first time if you dont have your pass key information etc you should have recieved a pack to inform you step by step how to log on etc

i must say my SEF went a long way in helping me get my ouststanding because you can mention things that the inspector may not see on their visit,

Heaven Scent
21-07-2011, 05:57 PM
No Miffy not had it yet BUT it is definately around the corner now - I have had the initial phone call with prospect to confirm that I am still minding!!!! any day now I will get a call to say - I'm on my way round yours HS!!!! OOOOOOHHHH scary or wot????

Caterpillar
14-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I think it's just for schools... they said a while ago that schools no longer had to do the SEF in its current format.

Sorry to disappoint! :laughing:

It is just for schools, my hubby is a teacher and they no longer have to do the Ofsted written SEF, however they do have to have one in place - can be their own version, or exactly the same as the Ofsted one! It's one of Gove's backhanded ways of "saving money" that will end up costing more (teacher's time in creating their own version)

We still have the Ofsted one.