PDA

View Full Version : Good Campsite?

SamBaker
20-07-2011, 05:12 AM
My DH has just bought a tent from a friend of his and we would like to go away for a couple days, (ok he would like to go away, I would much rather be on a beach!!!) I was wondering if any of you can recommend any good campsites, we have been to the New Forest nearly every year now and could really do with a change lol!! But if I dont find some where soon I can see us going back lol!

Thank you xxx

caz3007
20-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Batcombe Vale near Shepton Mallet, Somerset is our all time favourite and since we have stayed there its come up in the camping magazine several years running in the top 50 sites.

The views and sunsets (if we see the sun) are amazing, the site is small and set in a very quiet valley with lots of walks from the site. I thoroughly recommend it.

Have a look on www.ukcampsites.co.uk at the reviews for nearly every campsite in the UK

NickyKD
20-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi, we are off camping in a few weeks time. We have choosen to go to a Haven Hoildays site. This way you can still use all the parks facilities such as swimming pool, entertainment etc but is alot cheaper compared to booking a caravan on the same site. Not all Haven sites offer camping facilities but i can recommend Littlesea near Weymouth in Dorset i went camping there at easter and it is lovely.

SamBaker
20-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Oooh will defently be having a look at those, thank you. we have just bought bikes as well, (this is his little dream lol!) so would love anywhere where we can go for bike rides safely with my girls.

SamBaker
20-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi, we are off camping in a few weeks time. We have choosen to go to a Haven Hoildays site. This way you can still use all the parks facilities such as swimming pool, entertainment etc but is alot cheaper compared to booking a caravan on the same site. Not all Haven sites offer camping facilities but i can recommend Littlesea near Weymouth in Dorset i went camping there at easter and it is lovely.

Do they have a site Nicky? all I can find is about buying one of their holiday homes.

NickyKD
20-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Do they have a site Nicky? all I can find is about buying one of their holiday homes.

this is the link to there camping and touring site

http://www.haven.com/touring-camping/

loocyloo
20-07-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.southbreazleholidays.co.uk/

we love this campsite in devon ... nice facilities, nice pub down the road, shop sells necessities and lots of countryside! not a busy site either! ( at least, it wasn't when we last used it! )

SamBaker
20-07-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.southbreazleholidays.co.uk/

we love this campsite in devon ... nice facilities, nice pub down the road, shop sells necessities and lots of countryside! not a busy site either! ( at least, it wasn't when we last used it! )

Looks lovely, unfortuantly it's full, will defently keep it in mind for the future.

SamBaker
20-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Yay! booked a site on a farm in Isle of white, week after next!!! :clapping: :clapping: Very excited now!!!

The Juggler
20-07-2011, 10:02 PM
the wowo is lovely (near the bluebell railway en route to brighton) but might be booked up now .

they come round with logs and have weekend spitroast and falafel nights. Also if you are professional/semi professional musician and are up for doing a 1 hour slot you can camp for free:thumbsup:

Trouble
20-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Dont go up here go down the country to nene valley or lincolnshire fab weather
:clapping:

jamiebec2000
21-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Lincolnshire ......

Im smack bang in Lincoln and its miserable as sin here!!! Really wet and dull like its a autumns day!
I look forward to walking in it later .. not :panic:

Becky

Milli147
21-07-2011, 06:23 AM
A couple of other good ones for next time.... Swiss Farm Camping in Henley, and Merley Court in Wimbourne, Dorset. Both are fairly quiet, with great facililities and outdoor heated pools.

All we need now is the sunshine..............

PixiePetal
21-07-2011, 06:54 AM
the wowo is lovely (near the bluebell railway en route to brighton) but might be booked up now .

they come round with logs and have weekend spitroast and falafel nights. Also if you are professional/semi professional musician and are up for doing a 1 hour slot you can camp for free:thumbsup:

few miles down the road from me - lots of local families seem to camp for weekends together with friends and all the children there - the latest 'to do' thing' but for once a lovely one :thumbsup:

caz3007
21-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Yay! booked a site on a farm in Isle of white, week after next!!! :clapping: :clapping: Very excited now!!!

Its not carpenters farm is it

SamBaker
21-07-2011, 12:42 PM
No it's Grange Farm, Brighstone Bay. Looks lovely and cheap too! Over looking the sea, will be lovely if it's sunny...... not so great if it's windy and raining :laughing:

caz3007
21-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Glad its not Carpenters, sister had a really bad time there a couple of years ago with the wind and also it was full of kids roaming around bullying and no one was interested in their complaints. There was nearly a huge huge fight. It actually put them off camping as a family

It's a small world
21-07-2011, 04:59 PM
We 're going here soon. Looking forward to it as it'll be my first camping trip.

http://www.cliffhouseholidays.co.uk/camping_and_touring/

x

SamBaker
26-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Glad its not Carpenters, sister had a really bad time there a couple of years ago with the wind and also it was full of kids roaming around bullying and no one was interested in their complaints. There was nearly a huge huge fight. It actually put them off camping as a family

Oh no :eek: I would hate that! I hope ours isnt like that. Hope your sister has had some better experiences.

angeldelight
26-07-2011, 05:59 AM

We had something like that happen to us a few years back

It put us off too

Angel xx

SamBaker
26-07-2011, 06:00 AM
We 're going here soon. Looking forward to it as it'll be my first camping trip.

http://www.cliffhouseholidays.co.uk/camping_and_touring/

x

Looks Lovely, will defently be keeping these in mind for another time! Hope you have a lovely time.
xx

SamBaker
26-07-2011, 06:02 AM

Do you have a website for this one please?

The Juggler
26-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Do you have a website for this one please?

http://www.wowo.co.uk/index.php/home

suez
26-07-2011, 09:41 AM

we've just came back from here:thumbsup:
was absolutely brill there, highly recommend it, we already booking next years holiday and going with haven again :D

sunbeams
26-07-2011, 09:27 PM
We live in the new forest, but on the coast.

How about a campsite a couple of miles from us called Lyton Lawn? It is linked to Shorefields Country Park, so although LL is a touring site, you can use all the country park facilities including indoor and ourdoor pool, gym, sauna, tennis court, crazy golf, and lots and lots of entertainment - to name but a few facilities!!

If you Google: Shorefield Country Park, Milford-On-Sea, Lymington, Hampshire, you should get more info. If not and you would like contact details, let me know and I'll look when I drive past tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Milli147
27-07-2011, 06:45 AM
We've been to Lytton Lawn! It's a great site with a nice kids playground but when we went 2 years ago the showers were tiny and they had.........

Shower Curtains:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

(could be just me but I don't think *Shower Curtains* have any place in society and especially not in public showers!)

So fab campsite, just don't wash lol!:)

SamBaker
27-07-2011, 08:25 AM
We live in the new forest, but on the coast.

How about a campsite a couple of miles from us called Lyton Lawn? It is linked to Shorefields Country Park, so although LL is a touring site, you can use all the country park facilities including indoor and ourdoor pool, gym, sauna, tennis court, crazy golf, and lots and lots of entertainment - to name but a few facilities!!

If you Google: Shorefield Country Park, Milford-On-Sea, Lymington, Hampshire, you should get more info. If not and you would like contact details, let me know and I'll look when I drive past tomorrow! :thumbsup:

I LOVE the New Forest we have been there for the last 5 years and even went for our honeymoon lol! We will defently be going back but thought we had better have a change this year, I would love to move there, you are very lucky.

xxx

brummie
27-07-2011, 08:35 PM
i am a newbie to camping well with the children, they love it just as much as hubby and myself. Happy camping guys:)

SamBaker
29-07-2011, 06:16 AM
i am a newbie to camping well with the children, they love it just as much as hubby and myself. Happy camping guys:)

Thank you, the only thing that always worries me is not being able to lock the front door lol, sounds daft I know but I know I wont be able to sleep :laughing: