PDA

View Full Version : Register in time

xgemx
19-07-2011, 04:47 PM
2 Inquiries in 1 day I spoke to a dad about childcare for his little boy on a thursday from september and then I have spoke to a mum today and they want me to look after the daughter part time from December it all seems perfect i only want to work part time which is what they want, the girl lives the next street to where i live and the boy is about 10 minutes away, everything has been taking so long tho but im sure (fingers crossed) i will be registered by then, the dad said he could sort something temporary until im registered which will be great

Sorry had to share im quite excited the prospect of being back to work

sarah707
19-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Fingers crossed it all happens quickly for you! :D

Carrie1983
20-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I am sure it will all work out great for you!

I did all my course and preliminary stuff last summer and sat on the ofsted application til now because I started a new job after my mat leave, but I really want to be a childminder. I have worked with chn for about 10/11 years, did my degree and postgrad study about children, am a qualified teacher etc.

I started advertising in May as I wanted to give myself the best chance of having mindees by the time I was registered; I put in the ad that I would be hoping to start from Sept. I had my first serious enquiry 2 weeks ago, she came to see me last Friday, confirmed on Saturday and, all being well, they start at the end of September (1 year old is full time and is same age as my daughter, 4 year old starts local school in Sept and I have him before school)!

I am not registered yet but ofsted called me last week and while they were on phone I asked them what timescale they could see me being registered within, and she said that as they have my health form and all other forms and crb is in the post, I'd 99% likely be registered by mid sept, so I would say you have every chance of being registered as well!