PDA

View Full Version : Holiday time

Greengrass74
18-07-2011, 06:58 PM
With the holidays coming up I was just wondering where everyone is going to this year. :D

We have a week in the midlle of August and will be visiting Bath for a few days, our main holiday this year is October when we go back to Orlando :clapping:

mushpea
18-07-2011, 07:17 PM
The Isle of White,, I have never been before and I cant wait,, we staying at a holiday park then going for lots of days out

Trouble
18-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Rhodes cant wait:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Isle of Wight as well and cannot wait.

rickysmiths
18-07-2011, 07:27 PM
With the holidays coming up I was just wondering where everyone is going to this year. :D

We have a week in the midlle of August and will be visiting Bath for a few days, our main holiday this year is October when we go back to Orlando :clapping:

Oh give it my love. I grew up in Bath and now my parents no longer live there and my best friend moved to North Yorkshire last year I really miss my weekends in Bath.

karensmart4
18-07-2011, 07:29 PM
We went to the Isle of Wight in June and are going to Ibiza at the begining of October :jump for joy:

Toothfairy
18-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Disneyland Paris for 5 days, shhhhhhhh don't tell the kids, they don't know, it's a surprise :D

RachelE
18-07-2011, 08:15 PM
We're off to Anglesey for 2 weeks! Cant wait!

- And, MIL is having our 2 children for most of the 1st week!! :clapping:
Whatever will we do without them!!?:rolleyes:

Just hoping that the sun shines!

Have fun everyone - we all deserve it!

Rachel x

funemnx
18-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Cornwall wo hoo!! Never been before (not 'till Septemebr though) :)

Bushpig
18-07-2011, 08:23 PM
We're headed to the Algarve in August for a couple of weeks :clapping: Hired a villa with a humungous pool :D

Had a holiday in South Africa in April already.

PixiePetal
18-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Cornwall wo hoo!! Never been before (not 'till Septemebr though) :)

wish I was back in Cornwall :) - we had our family holiday in April, mind you the weather was great :thumbsup:

don't have a family hol other than that as DH is farming so it will soon be very long days at work harvesting :rolleyes: and when that's over the other family farmers take turns with their hols. April suits us as we are often lucky with weather

I am taking my kids - well hardly kids now 17 and 14, to my family on Essex coast next month for a few days. Big family party at mums while she can still remember us all as she has Alzheimers:(

hoping to fit a bit of geocaching in :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
18-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Going to Tenerife at the weekend for 7 days :clapping: hopefully the sun will be shining as really fed up with all this rain.

loocyloo
18-07-2011, 09:17 PM
DH has hired a VW campervan and we are going to spend a week exploring the yorkshire dales!

hope the weather is dry, but it should be fun! DD just wants to play 'house' !!! DS is really excited, but equally miffed that it won't be a week of bodyboarding in cornwall :rolleyes: i've had to promise him lots of trips to the coast to board!

Greengrass74
19-07-2011, 05:57 AM
DH has hired a VW campervan and we are going to spend a week exploring the yorkshire dales!

hope the weather is dry, but it should be fun! DD just wants to play 'house' !!! DS is really excited, but equally miffed that it won't be a week of bodyboarding in cornwall :rolleyes: i've had to promise him lots of trips to the coast to board!

Sounds like great fun, the Yorkshire dales are beautiful, can't think of anything better than exploring the area in a VW Camper, have a great time. :thumbsup:

Roseolivia
19-07-2011, 06:02 AM
We're off to Scotland for a week with friends. Have hired a cottage and we're near Kinross so going to visit Deep Sea World, Interactive Science Centre and other places. Just hope the weather is good.

wendy222
19-07-2011, 06:06 AM
hi we going down 2 our caravan on thurs at cleethorpes for 9 days then again in aug for a week, a weekend in london sept , a weekend in blackpool oct and then on the 23 dec were goin 2 scotland for a week x:clapping:

mama2three
19-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Having a weekend in Birmingham this weekend - kid free! - does that count as a holiday?:D
Then santa ponsa in August , already counting the days!

ajs
19-07-2011, 06:44 AM
London!!!!! Going for a girls weekend this weekend and staying the week. Hoping to catch up with some forum friends while I am there.

With my children away all summer I would rather wait until October for a hol so we can all go together

mrs robbie williams
19-07-2011, 06:48 AM
turkey :thumbsup: cant wait, hired a villa with pool for ten days - first time abroad xx

miffy
19-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Already had my holiday but going for a weekend to London soon

And scouring the internet for another good deal! :D

Miffy xx

sue m
19-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Devon and Cornwall in September, I've never been so looking forward to it. Going to Wales too. I've never been abroad in my life, nearly 60 and never been out of this country. :panic:

AliceK
19-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Off to the Isle of Wight in August. Never been before but OH has been looking at it on Google Earth and it looks great :thumbsup:

xxxxx

LOOPYLISA
19-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Just been and got some holiday brochures so watch this space :D

Splodge
19-07-2011, 11:14 AM

I love the yorkshire dales too had a weekend at a campsite in malham in north yorkshire a fortnight ago. Had a river running through it and a stunning waterfall. Can highly recommend it.

However we are not going anywhere as we have an extension on the house to try and get near to completion, and as we are doing it ourselves we have to use our holidays unfortunately.

justdaz
19-07-2011, 11:55 AM
We are having a family trip to Canada!:clapping: Maybe the last family one as kids getting older:crying: It is also a bit of a celebration as we have 3 big birthdays this year, 18, 21 and 50.
We are having a week in the Rockies taking in many sights also doing a charity White Water Raft!:eek: :eek:
Then down to Vancouver to stay with family and catch up with the cousins.:clapping:
Can't wait....so excited.:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Roseolivia
19-07-2011, 12:45 PM
We are having a family trip to Canada!:clapping: Maybe the last family one as kids getting older:crying: It is also a bit of a celebration as we have 3 big birthdays this year, 18, 21 and 50.
We are having a week in the Rockies taking in many sights also doing a charity White Water Raft!:eek: :eek:
Then down to Vancouver to stay with family and catch up with the cousins.:clapping:
Can't wait....so excited.:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

I'm so jealous, i have family in Canada and really miss them. I've been a few times and i love it, so clean and friendly.

Cammie Doodle
19-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Devon and Cornwall in September, I've never been so looking forward to it. Going to Wales too. I've never been abroad in my life, nearly 60 and never been out of this country. :panic:

You just never know Sue, my sister and I had tried to get Mum and Dad come to Florida for years, but they would not shift. Then on Mum's 70 th Birthday (Aug2008) she decided that she wants to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary in Florida in Nov of the same year :eek: Panic stations we had already booked our hols, but we rearrange and thankfully it worked out perfectly. Mum and Dad had both their Daughters, Son in laws and all 4 Grandsons with them on the day of their Anniversary.
And Mum and Dad have just returned from Florida (for the 3rd time) and are talking of their next trip :jump for joy: :jump for joy: Bless them and long may it continue , so there is plenty of time for you Sue :thumbsup:

loocyloo
19-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I love the yorkshire dales too had a weekend at a campsite in malham in north yorkshire a fortnight ago. Had a river running through it and a stunning waterfall. Can highly recommend it..

Thanks...would that be garsdale scar? I know it's near malham! We're staying there, plus near reeth & then lofthouse I think!

All within about 2 hrs of home!

jane5
19-07-2011, 10:17 PM
We have had 2 weeks in Lanzarote, me dh and dd

we have a week at centre parcs in september booked with my parents, sister and family and brother and family :thumbsup:

tulip0803
19-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Week on Norfolk/Suffolk border visiting the in-laws. Only see them once a year as we are in Wales:( . And one night in Kent (with my parents) to see my sister and aunt before we go to the in-laws. (SHHHHHHH don't tell anyone but my bruvver is coming back from Oz to surprise my Dad as it is his 70th birthday!)

Carol M
20-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Holiday? What Holiday?
Can't afford a holiday :( but by heck do I need one.
Carol xx

Dragonfly
20-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Hay on wye and Tenby:thumbsup:

Pixie dust
20-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Week on Norfolk/Suffolk border visiting the in-laws.

That's my area, have a lovely time.:)

snufflepuff
20-07-2011, 08:27 AM
We went to Minehead in April, and we are going to Devon in September.

Splodge
20-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks...would that be garsdale scar? I know it's near malham! We're staying there, plus near reeth & then lofthouse I think!

All within about 2 hrs of home!

My husband has just informed me it is gordale Scarr, nosy isn't he, but yes that is where we stayed.

Basic campsite but you don't expect luxury when you are camping do you. Stunning scenery and i can highly recommend the river walk to get into Malham. I think it is less than two miles but much better than negotiating the hills back into Malham from the campsite.

Shivvie
20-07-2011, 07:10 PM
St. Ives next week (can't wait!) and Majorca in October half term. Wasn't intending to go to Majorca, as hubby and I hate, and I mean HATE, flying, but our daughter wanted some money towards a holiday for her 18th birthday and while I was booking said holiday, I had the urge to go too. Its been years since we've been 'abroad' so we're going to have to be brave :laughing: .

flowerpots
20-07-2011, 07:54 PM
were off to devon to see mom and dad for a week next thursday. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

loocyloo
20-07-2011, 09:25 PM
My husband has just informed me it is gordale Scarr, nosy isn't he, but yes that is where we stayed.

Basic campsite but you don't expect luxury when you are camping do you. Stunning scenery and i can highly recommend the river walk to get into Malham. I think it is less than two miles but much better than negotiating the hills back into Malham from the campsite.

lovely! thank you! DH keeps correcting me too! we both knew where we were talking about !!!! he is very excited, apparently this campsite was on some campervan television programme recently ( ish! )