PDA

View Full Version : Linking an activitiy to the EYFS

mertonparker
17-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I am trying to link an activity im planning to do this week to the EYFS.

The activity is to help a 3yr old learn to match the letter cubes to the letters in her name. I have wrote her name on a large sheet of paper and will provide letter cubes for her to try and match with. We will also be covering numbers 1-5. This is going to be our target for the next couple of months but am having trouble in linking it to the EYFS.

Im thinking it would go into CLL and into Linking letters and sounds. Due to the girls age im also thinking 30-50 months, But something is nagging at me thats this is wrong???

Do you think this area is correct or if not where do you think it should go ?

Cammie Doodle
17-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi I think it would cover CLL , reading (recognising her name) Im not sure if you are letting her write (well attempt to write )her name if so this would also cover handwriting/ writing and reading . It could also cover PSED Disposition and Attitudes (if she is happy learning a new skill) Self confidence and self esteem (Develop confidence in her own ability)
Also you mention numbers so therefore PSED will come into it as well Numbers as labels, shapes space and measures.
Hope that helps?

Penny1959
17-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I would wait until the activity has been done - and see what child does - could be CLL but could be any of the others depending on what mindee says / does.

In my opinion waste of time saying what links might be

Penny :)

mertonparker
17-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Ladies,

Many thanks for your comments.

June- I did think about the reading (recognising her name) & PSED Disposition and Attitudes (if she is happy learning a new skill) Self confidence and self esteem (Develop confidence in her own ability) thinks thats why something was nagging me with more than one area to go under. I have decided to wait and see like Penny suggested and see what the little one does during the activity and then link afterwards.

Thanks again x :)

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 01:46 PM
there used to be a mod band called the merton parkas