PDA

View Full Version : Husbands..........

Newbie1!
16-07-2011, 04:55 PM
...................and that quite frankly is all I need to say on the subject!!

I have one....and if whoever is reading this does too then no doubt I will not need to elaborate!!

Is there a place we can send them for the summer out of the way???

:angry: :censored: :angry:

flowerpots
16-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Bumping.......... because id like to know the answer too.:rolleyes:

Donkey
16-07-2011, 04:58 PM
yep me too....

today mine was meant to do doing the brakes on the car, which meant I would have had 8 blissful hours free as he was dropping dd of at his nans 12-4 and he left aat 8,30 to take her to ballet...

he turned up just after 12 because it was raining

I was up to my eyes in uni work, mid flow and he said

'lunch break?' aka cook me some lunch... told him to bog off!

Chimps Childminding
16-07-2011, 05:35 PM
If you find somewhere to send them can you book a place for mine too please :angry: He's neither use nor ornament :D

caz3007
16-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Mine has been pretty good today, but sometimes I would happily send him away.

Greengrass74
16-07-2011, 05:42 PM
:huh: :huh:

PixiePetal
16-07-2011, 05:47 PM
mine is hardly about for the whole summer as it is harvest time. He just calls in to get a sandwich lunch or texts to ask me to make it for him to pick up on his way past (which is frankly easier and less disruptive for me)

great entertainment in the garden for LOs too on days that he is passing the house constantly with tractor and trailer, lots of shouts of 'John, John' and furious waving - great as long as he keeps out of my way!

worst is when he finishes earlier than me in the winter and comes in asking 'what's for dinner?' when I am still feeding mindees or changing nappies :rolleyes:
my own kids know to either join in with mindees play or keep out of my way and do homework till they are gone :thumbsup:

Roseolivia
16-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Mine has been on good behaviour this week as i threatened to take the 2 kids and leave him last week. Went to a wedding Sat night and his behaviour was shocking, i ended up leaving him there and driving to the hotel 15 miles away that we were staying at without him. He went back out next day for an hour, 7hrs later after a snotty text from me about how his mates must be more important than seeing his daughter he comes home drunk. Needless to say i was fuming and told him things needed to change or we would not be here. Don't know how long it will last but i think he realised i was seriously annoyed:angry:

rickysmiths
16-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh my! Mine was great today :blush: We went and did a bit of shopping this morning. I was sorting ds clothes and equipment out ready for going to Scout Jamboree in Sweden next weekend. He looked some stuff up on the internet and made a couple of calls.

Then ds and I went on an epic shopping trip (very successful thankfully) and while we were out dh laminated a whole pile of things he had found for me for cm and he made the left over bolognese from last night into lasagne for dinner tonight. :clapping:

PixiePetal
16-07-2011, 07:59 PM
mine is earning big brownie points this eve - he is going into the loft room to hoover up a big family of spiders :eek: DS said there are 100s of babies and I won't go near the room :o

he has also told a friend that we won't be wanting another dog anytime soon (when theirs has pups) which I am pleased with as in the past he has just turned up with one and let me blow my top over it :rolleyes: 1 is enough for me at the moment :)

so all in all, maybe he is beginning to listen to me - only taken 22 years of being together:laughing: :laughing:

It's a small world
16-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I'd like to book my dh in a place where we can send them somewhere. Hes just started working away MON-FRI I have no family around so all on my lonesome. Doing school runs/cm/activites after school fo own ds/nursery runs/breakfast.lunches/teas/baths/bedtimes/paperwork etc etc you know what I mean get up at 7am sit down 9pm. He comes home Fridays and I may as well carry on doing the same at the weekend and pretend hes not here as just sits there watching sport channel and expecting me to run round after the children:eek: Im like er hello not stopped all week a little help would be nice.. wouldnt mind but his new job just means he stands around most of the time telling people what to do. He has peaceful meals. peacefu night (no early mornings when ds's jump in bed etc... arrgh where can we send them:laughing: :huh: :huh: :huh: :laughing:

charleyfarley
16-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Well mine works away all week, so goes to work on Sunday lunchtime and comes back Friday night, only see him really on a Saturday and as I've been on course all day today he's been fab :clapping: :laughing: :laughing:

He did cook tea under supervision though :thumbsup:

Him working away works for us but it does mean I'm left to do everything all week :rolleyes:

Hope you are ok Roseolivia and he is still behaving himself :)

Carol xx

LOOPYLISA
16-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry i have a good.en :blush: :D

Newbie1!
16-07-2011, 09:07 PM
:huh: :huh:

Sorry Dave.....present company excepted!!! :laughing:

Newbie1!
16-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh my! Mine was great today :blush: We went and did a bit of shopping this morning. I was sorting ds clothes and equipment out ready for going to Scout Jamboree in Sweden next weekend. He looked some stuff up on the internet and made a couple of calls.

Then ds and I went on an epic shopping trip (very successful thankfully) and while we were out dh laminated a whole pile of things he had found for me for cm and he made the left over bolognese from last night into lasagne for dinner tonight. :clapping:

I want one.....where did you get him!!! I wouldnt be so brave as to let mine near a laminator as he would probably try and cook a ready meal in it :rolleyes:

He just always seems to pick the worse times to be a total tool......yes husband I have my inspection on Wednesday so yes I am doing lots of paperwork so do I want to go shopping so there is something in that I can make you for tea......erm no not really thank you!!! :angry: :angry:

Oh - and then he shouts me into the other room to turn the TV down for him as the remote wasnt working......of course Id already walked into the room to see what he wanted......I could actually slot him one today!!

charleyfarley
16-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Sorry Dave.....present company excepted!!! :laughing:

And Lisa's Dave too, he's a good un, wonder if they are the same Dave or if all Dave's are good :idea:

Carol xxx

lozzy23
16-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Mine is in his usual evening spot, asleep on the sofa, mouth open. Ahh bless him:)
Keeps him out of trouble!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
16-07-2011, 09:41 PM
My hubby is currently painting our dd2 bedroom while she stays at nanny and grandad's, bearing in mind he papered it this morning and we have just got back from Harry Potter and he said oh I will go and do the painting.

So I cannot complain today, but if you asked me on Wednesday that would have been a different story.

Happy Bunny
16-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm still legally married to mine
Though he did decided to take them all out today as it was my birthday, said I could do with a break! Nearly fell down in shock

rickysmiths
16-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I want one.....where did you get him!!! I wouldnt be so brave as to let mine near a laminator as he would probably try and cook a ready meal in it :rolleyes:

He just always seems to pick the worse times to be a total tool......yes husband I have my inspection on Wednesday so yes I am doing lots of paperwork so do I want to go shopping so there is something in that I can make you for tea......erm no not really thank you!!! :angry: :angry:

Oh - and then he shouts me into the other room to turn the TV down for him as the remote wasnt working......of course Id already walked into the room to see what he wanted......I could actually slot him one today!!

Sorry he says you prob wouldn't be able to afford him :blush:

I met his sister at work, It took us 6yrs to get together!! Been married 22yrs now.

LOOPYLISA
16-07-2011, 09:56 PM
And Lisa's Dave too, he's a good un, wonder if they are the same Dave or if all Dave's are good :idea:

Carol xxx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: