PDA

View Full Version : Seething just does not come close !!!

katie78
15-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I have waited not quite as paitently as i should have at times for my phone call from prospects about my pre reg phone call for my visit, its 2 days over the time they said they would ring me so wanting to see what is happening with my application i rang ofsted this morning to see whats happening and after ages the man came back on the phone and said im really sorry but there has been a glich somewhere between ourselves and prospects, they should have rung you already !!!
He said i have been made a priority over at prospects but they cannot say if i will get a phone call today or even next week !!!!:eek: :angry: :eek:

There is nothing i can do but wait still but its so unprofessional and calling it a glich, i dont think some of these people in call centres realise this is my life they have just made a glich in !!

Katie xx

katie78
15-07-2011, 10:03 AM
When i finally do get registered i WILL jump from the roof tops and sing my heart out and thats a promise :-))))))))

Katie xxx

sarah707
15-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I am sorry you are having problems.

Unfortunately it's very common for things like this to happen - lost paperwork, lost emails, lost names on lists, lost lists!

I hope it happens quickly for you x

Curvylou
15-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I know the feeling, Ofsted said Prospect have until the 25th July to ring me! Which means the visit will be after that. They said they would email them to remind them that I'm still waiting but heard nothing yet!!

Mouse
15-07-2011, 11:33 AM
It must be so frustrating for you.

I posted the other day about a cm friend of mine who is awaiting her inspection (4.5yrs since her last one :eek: ). She got the call in February to say Prospect would be phoning her within 2 weeks to arrange her inspection. She then heard nothing at all, though everyone else in the area who had had the call eventually got their inspections. They phoned her again 2 weeks ago to say someone would be in touch within 2 weeks. She said someone had told her that in Feb and the reply was "oh, did they? They shouldn't have said that!"
Needless to say, the 2 weeks are up & she still hasn't heard anything :rolleyes:

loocyloo
15-07-2011, 01:49 PM
with my last inspection i had a call at the end of march, saying an inspector would be contacting me shortly .... she rang in september and finally i saw her in october !!! LOL !!!

katie78
17-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Im now breathing slowly and have calmed down, unfortunatly im an unlucky one and it will get done soon and when i do finally get registered i truly will jump for joy :-)

Thank you far all your lovely kind words, though your all fab :clapping:

Katie xxx

littleguy1
17-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I jumped for joy when I got registered.......that was on the 10th June and I am still waiting for work :-( it feels like forever that I have been waiting! I've got 1 contract for the summer hols! Another lady had an appt today and didn't bother to show. Just be prepared is all I'll say. Unless uve got kids lined up that is, in which case. Brilliant!

katie78
17-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I havent got any kids lined up at all, i havent done any advertising yet as all my buisiness cards say ofsted registered which im not yet !

I have got a few things ready to go when im done though to fingers crossed drum up some work, i have got loads of cards and postcards printed that im going to post through lots of houses round by me and our local school, im going to put a notice inthe back of my car and my partners ( they dont often leave the drive but its something i guess ( and im going to put a sign in our kitchen window ( its at the front of the house if you were wondering ) ! Fingers crossed with the sign in the kitchen window and our cars outside our house people passing will hopefully go 'oh i could pop in and see her' maybe ??

A friend is going to make me a website up too, where else is a good place to advertise ???

Its everyones dream to find kids straight away isnt it and be as sucessful as lots of people on here, it just makes me more determined to want to be brill and do fab things to make me stand out from other childminders !

Im hoping that because i have got 14 years of childcare experience it will give me a bit more of an edge over other people ?? Its a thought/hope anyway

Katie

littleguy1
19-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Well I'm glued to childcare.co.uk at the moment which is good, I've had a few enquiries from there. You could always register on there now and say you are just waiting for registration, and then amend it when you're registered. I've advertised on net mums as well. Again, I've had some enquiries from there. They just never amount to anything. But luckily, I'm very determined and will just keep on looking and advertising and hope for the best! I hope things go well for you, it is a long old process and to have to wait more time at the end is very disheartening!

Mrs_Locky
19-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Ok, Please don't throw things at me katie but I got my call today! Getting a visit next Tuesday - I'm now FREAKING OUT :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

katie78
19-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Well done Mrs Locky :laughing:

Good luck im sure you will be fine, im going to be on the phone again in the morning as i rang prospects today and the woman said she has emailed her boss to sort out a phone call for me of wich i still havent had, she even had the nerve to say 'yes we do need to sort out a visit as this has been going on too long' !!! Your telling me mrs !!!

Here is to me badgering them that much and annoy the heck out of them that they agree to a time on the phone so we can get a wriggle on with this registration :laughing:

Katie :D

Mrs_Locky
20-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Get them told Katie! It must be so frustarting when you're being held up because someone else failed to do their job properly!!

Good Luck and hope you get it sorted today!!

katie78
20-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I was going to give them till half 9 this morning get chance to get into the office make a cuppa and sit down and figure out what work they had to do today before ringing them but they beat me to it and rang me at 9:20 !! Haa haa haa !! They are coming in the morning at half 10 so hip hip horay at last :D Although nerves are starting to kick in a bit now eeep !!

Katie

Mrs_Locky
21-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Ooh, how did it go?? Hope all was well xx

Mrs_Locky
21-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm assuming by the time you've read this they'll have been and gone!

maryp0ppins
21-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Katie.....I would advertise NOW if I were you.....You can explain that as soon as your certificate comes through you will be ofsted registered.

People looking for childcare sometimes don't need right away but are looking for in future months etc.

Konoko
21-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey Katie!

I was in the same boat.. My papers were ready by 24th May, and I haven't heard anything since last week, when I rang them up asking what's up, and they said mine was the oldest so they'll have a look at it. I rang them up on last fridayish and I've got an admin number to ring to see what they're doing, and they promised I'll have an inspector by this Tuesdayish.
Finalyy I've got the call on Wednesday saying that she could come on Tuesday if I'm ready, so I've said I hope so I'm ready!

I hope it went well, and I would definetely say that you should start advertising!