PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Provision

Faye1980
13-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Hiya im still pre reg and should be getting the call from mrs o any day now for my grading visit and i am really struggling with my continuous provision.

I was just wondering when it comes to continuous provision do i link to 6 area's of EYFS or 4 area's of the ECM? I have confliciting paperwork from my support minder one with each so not sure which to link my provisions to? Any ideas? :panic:

sarah707
14-07-2011, 07:19 AM
First of all... continuous provision planning is not a requirement! You do not have to do it... it is just one of the many ways you can plan.

If you want to do it then there are lots of ways you can tackle CP.

I would say that writing it to work alongside the 6 areas of learning and development is the best because that is how you will observe and plan in the future and CP is designed to make your life easier.

Once you have written CP you can say... this is how my normal day-to-day activities meet the requirements of the Eyfs.

You can use the information in your CP plans to look back over and plan from as well.

Don't do it as a paper filling exercise. It's only useful if you fully understand why you are writing it and you are confident that it will give you a basis for your obs and planning in the future.

Hth :D

miffy
14-07-2011, 07:27 AM
If you google it you'll get lots of different examples of how to complete it but like Sarah said, only do it if you feel it will be useful to you.

Miffy xx

Faye1980
14-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys, i never knew it wasnt a requirement and my support minder didnt tell me this either!:(

Paula1974
15-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I have found this website which promotes continuous provision, there are items that you can buy, but to be honest I thought they were quite expensive. My reason for telling you about it is it gives some ideas for continuous provision which we can adapt very easily. The resources are organised in very helpful sections.

http://www.earlyexcellence.com/resource_continuous_provision.html

Have Fun

Paula1974