PDA

View Full Version : Legoland Discovery Centre

Tink
13-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Hello, have any of you ever been to the Legoland discovery centre? if so can you tell me what it's like, were thinking of going and the nearest one to us is Manchester.

RachelE
13-07-2011, 12:24 PM
We paid with our tesco vouchers - and were glad we did!

It is good, but I think its overpriced.
Its all on the first floor, inside, above some shops and was smaller than I thought.

I had my own 2 - aged 8 and 4 and were only in there 2 hours - which meant we had to shop in the Trafford Centre! ;)

HTH,
Rachel x

Tink
13-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks Rachel, I have heard it's very small and only lasts 2 hours tops, it's nice to hear other people's views so thank you much appreciated xx

charleyfarley
13-07-2011, 12:35 PM
We went last year and also used the Tescos vouchers so thankfully it didn't cost us anything except fuel.

We thought it was totally overpriced for the amount of time there. We did eeek it out a bit due to the distance we'd travelled to get there. I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Carol xx

beccas
14-07-2011, 12:37 PM
if you with morton michel you get a discount on tickets have a look on mm swebsite. i think its 4.50 a ticket ...

Chell
14-07-2011, 12:48 PM
It is only worth it if you have children who are happy to sit and build IMO.

gigglinggoblin
14-07-2011, 04:05 PM
My boys all love it, the first time we went I had to drag them out after 5 hours, now its more like 3 (but allow extra time for the shop). Its mostly in one huge room which works really well for us because the kids can all go off and do their own thing. Time before last I took some knitting and sat and drank coffee! We have annual passes so dont have to pay anything per visit but its definately been worth it for us. Theres not much for girly girls and you need to like lego and cars to enjoy it, I read a review which said their child was bored because they didnt like lego. I thought why would you go if they dont like lego?????