PDA

View Full Version : Moving house and Registration

Mamma4Ya
13-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I think I am posting in the right place this time :o

If you decide to move house once registered as a childminder, would you have to wait for the new house to be visited before you can mind children there or can you continue but still need a visit.

I want to move in the next year or two and I dont know if I should wait until we have found a new house or go ahead now.

tulip0803
13-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi sorry I don't know the answer to that one. Perhaps you could ask the CSSIW inspectors at your briefing session. None of the childminders that I know in Wales have moved whist minding.

I moved from England to Wales so had to go through the whole registraton process apart from the pre-childminding course (cos I had already done it in England about 2 years before) and it took 11 months so it may be as well to start the registration if you are thinking of moving sooner rather than later as it can take a long time. The inspectors would know.

Mamma4Ya
14-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi sorry I don't know the answer to that one. Perhaps you could ask the CSSIW inspectors at your briefing session. None of the childminders that I know in Wales have moved whist minding.

I moved from England to Wales so had to go through the whole registraton process apart from the pre-childminding course (cos I had already done it in England about 2 years before) and it took 11 months so it may be as well to start the registration if you are thinking of moving sooner rather than later as it can take a long time. The inspectors would know.

This is what I was thinking, but then didnt want to end up with children then having to let them go because of having to wait for visits. I will ask at the meeting next month to make sure.

aly
14-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I *think* i asked my inspector this as i mentioned either extending on moving and im sure she said that the new house would need to be inspected before you start minding in it....but I would register now and get the process moving as it wouldnt be a problem to inspect the new house when it comes to it.