PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection

Rmead
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Phew! I've contended with a painful sore throat, teething own child, conjunctivitus ridden mindee and being 7 weeks pregnant with morning sickness and I managed to survive my inspection!

I got a Good all round. I was hoping for an outstanding in one area. I think my working with parents is excellent but don't think I sold myself enough. So hard with my daughter clinging and sobbing on me for most of it!

Only had the one mindee today so the weakest day of the week really but he was fab, showing her things, did our counting and sorting activity like a pro.
The inspector was here for 2 and a half hours, seemed so quick though.
She didn't ask that many questions but had my almost complete SEF to read through. She asked about safeguarding, diversity and inclusion, she checked next steps and whether they'd been completed.
She said my improvements were to scrub my decking! (we were painting the wall and playhouse with water/brushes and the children made it a bit wet so slippy. I kept moving the bucket to different areas to avoid the wet!) and also more peer-to-peer groups for both me and the children! Agree with that one, we hadn't managed to go to many toddler groups due to the nursery run and nap time needs of both children.
She said my strongest point was my communication with the children which was excellent.

Sarah - she liked your learning journeys/planning I use, she said most people use the local network one which isn't great! She really loved the permission slips which are also yours Sarah, split up into ECM, she thought it was a great way to do it and not seen it before so thank you so much!

The end of my inspection was a terrible scene. I had my own screaming daughter in a rage because I put her down to prepare the snacks, and then was trying to get the conjunctivitus drops into a 23 month old. So much screaming, I thought this cannot be good! She then said well I've finished so shall we go through things and then I'll go and you can do it. Yes please :laughing:

Wish I could have a stiff drink, will have to settle for an orange juice. Good luck to all those having inspections soon. :clapping:

lyla's mum
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
well done and enjoy your orange juice!! :clapping:
sounds like you had a lot to deal with!!!
if its any consolation my daughter was crying when she arrived for my inspection as she had just bumped her head, and crying when she left again as she had just fell over!!! :laughing:

Penny1959
12-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Well done on your grade and on surviving the inspection. Also thank you for the feedback - it is always good to know what is being asked / said at the moment.

Penny :)

Toothfairy
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Congratulations :clapping: :clapping:

Jo Jo
12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
congratulations :clapping:

Vickster
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Well done you, sounds like you did so well!

jane5
12-07-2011, 09:59 PM
well done :clapping:

flowerpots
13-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Well done hun :clapping:

gazanne
13-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Well done, such a lovely feeling when its over and you've got a ggod result.:clapping:

mrs_scottydog
13-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Well done! Thanks for the feedback. :) Hx

miffy
13-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Congratulations :clapping:

Hope everyone is feeling better today

Miffy xx