PDA

View Full Version : im being dumb

jaytravis
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
by 2010 do we need to have a nvq level 3 and is there anything else i need to have as well please tell me in easy english as my brain is muddled

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry I don't really remember and with the hope of not sounding smug it doesn't apply to me. I do know that it is EU policy for all childcare provision to be at the same standard throughout Europe and that here in the UK it was way below other countries and that is why the EU pumped so much money into training in this country. I also know that LEVEL 3 is the desired level but its the date I'm not sure about. I know too that Managers will be required to have a level 4 and does it mean that because we are managers of ourselves and any assistants that we will be required to have a level 4 or not - But there again we are ONLY Cchildminders after all and would we be able to achieve such a goal. - nothing we've done or achieved in our lives before childminding is ever considered is it?????????? - Makes me soooooooo mad.

sarah707
03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I understand the date has been moved to 2015... plenty of time for them to change their minds again. :rolleyes:

jaytravis
03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
thanks for your replys
to b honest im totaly confused im quite new to this (jan this year) and i havent a clue who to chat to if i have any questions my support cm rang once iwas out and have never spoke to her its quite frustrating

sarah707
03-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Have you made contact with your local CIS??

Mine is very helpful and points me in the right direction if they don't know :D

mrsb
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I know there was a huge panic in my local childminding group when this was first spoken about and as I am secretary of the group I contacted Ofsted and my local cis and they both said that they will not be able to make people train to level 3 or equivelant (sp?) but it will be preferred if people do. So from that I would guess that the answer is no and you won't have to train.....

The lady in ofsted thast I spoke to said it is like the kite mark, you don't have to train up and get to that level but it is obviously preferred :)

Blaze
03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
We're here if you have questions!:thumbsup:

It's a level 3 by 2015, but 2010 is preferred...it doesn't have: to be the NVQ...you can also do the Diploma in Home-Based Childcare (DHC)...basically any relevant level 3 qualification.:)

jaytravis
04-05-2008, 07:32 AM
thanks what is cis

Tatia
04-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Children's Information Services