PDA

View Full Version : Name...

Pipsqueak
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
What do we think of

Harper Seven Beckham

Don't mind the Harper but SEVEN????? Seven rhyming with Beckham... its asking for trouble.......

Lets pay homage to a magazine (anyone got any kids called Vogue, Take a Break, Nuts)

:rolleyes:

sweets
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
i dont mind Harper but i would have thought after having 3 boys they would have chosen a prettier name.

as for the seven thats just daft.

if you say the name quickly it sounds like 'half past seven'! lol

miffy
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
When I read the name I thought they must have had another boy!

Not a very attractive name for a girl.

Miffy xx

sue m
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
It's not a very attractive name for a girl is it? I thought she'd have gone for something more girly as she's waitied so long.

Her Aunt and Uncle are friends and ex neighbours :rolleyes: and I've emailed them this morning and said I'm not keen on the name!! :blush: I wonder if they will mention it when they email me back.

breezy
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I thought it must have been the time she was born :blush:

Pipsqueak
11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
S'pose it could have been worse... Harper Bizzarre Beckham..... :laughing:

Harper Spice Beckham

Toothfairy
11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Harper sounds like a boys name! :rolleyes: And whats Seven all about??? :rolleyes:

Yuck, don't like it, sorry (mind you, I can't stand Victoria Beckham as a person either). :p

wendywu
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
dont like it one bit :panic:

catlyn
11-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Is seven beckhams number off his shirt maybe?? sounds like an all night convenience store to me :rolleyes: or maybe the time she was conceived..LOL

Mouse
11-07-2011, 04:28 PM
The only people named Harper that I know of are Harper Lee (author of To Kill a Mockingbird) and a character out of The Wizards of Waverley Place (a Disney Channel programme!)

I can't imagine the Beckhams are big readers of classic novels!

catlyn
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
maybe posh is following her fashion interest??? harpers bazzar is an upmarket fashion mag

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/

rickysmiths
11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
The only people named Harper that I know of are Harper Lee (author of To Kill a Mockingbird) and a character out of The Wizards of Waverley Place (a Disney Channel programme!)

I can't imagine the Beckhams are big readers of classic novels!

Naughty Mouse :D

Its par for the course isn't it. All the boys have weird name so they can't leave the girl out can they!! :laughing:

The Juggler
11-07-2011, 05:10 PM
i dont mind Harper but i would have thought after having 3 boys they would have chosen a prettier name.

as for the seven thats just daft.

if you say the name quickly it sounds like 'half past seven'! lol

:laughing: :laughing: I agree, Harper's ok but she sounds like one of the boys.

nannysue
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Harper is ok (ish) ....but more suited to a boy.

I expected them to choose something unusual but thought it would be a pretty girlie name .

As for Seven ????????? :huh:

charleyfarley
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I've had to stop saying it as when I do it sounds like Half past seven :laughing: must be my accent :D

Not keen but then I wouldn't call my children any of their other names either.

There's so many pretty girls names out there they could have chose

Carol xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't mind Harper it is growing on me, but not the seven bit, mind you I wouldn't pick any of the names they have.

loocyloo
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
i keep humming the 'harper valley pta' song , can't think who its by!

i thought they would go for a really OTT frilly girly name.

oh well, each to their own! lets wait and see who is the first to come across another child called harper !!!

LOOPYLISA
11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Harper sounds like a boys name! :rolleyes: And whats Seven all about??? :rolleyes:

Yuck, don't like it, sorry (mind you, I can't stand Victoria Beckham as a person either). :p

Couldn't agree more!

Chimps Childminding
11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Not keen I would have thought they would have gone for something really girlie - not sure what :blush: As for Seven, there is a little boy at the nursery I drop off at called that - strange :rolleyes:

marian
12-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Not keen I must admit - it sounds a bit lile a toilet cleaner:rolleyes: - no -thats Harpic!!

Marian x

Pipsqueak
12-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Its just oh so LA though isn't it!

QualityCare
12-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Can't stand it either, also feel very sorry for the boys V and D have made it so obvious they wanted a girl and how everything would be perfect and she would be breast fed to give her a perfect start she couldn't be bothered for them a bottle was good enough.