PDA

View Full Version : CRB check on Husband

Keith77
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi my name is mary

I am thinking of applying for childing minding at home. One question i have is my husband is going to court for a drink driving charge and chanches are he will be banned. he was driving by himself on his own over the limit He does not have any previous criminal convictions.

Question is, will I still be able to apply for ofsead child minder at home? and will ofstead approve it ? Do my husband convidtion make is so i cant child mind at home.

My husband will not have any involvment in the childminding and business he works full time. I know he will need complete crb check and lives at same address. So if any help is appreciated

thanks

Mary

Blackcat
11-07-2011, 01:37 PM
my advice is to call ofsted and ask,

my opinion fwiw is I cant see how it would affect you ( 60% of school teachers have either DD or leaving am acciendent on there CRB'S)

littleguy1
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
You will probably have to apply for a waiver like we did and it can be quite a wait because you have to wait for a panel of 3 to decide. I waited a week for 1 person out of the 3 to finally make their decision. It should be fine. At the end of the day, it isn't your husband that will be minding the children, that's what I put on my waiver application.

Jiorjiina
13-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't have thought it is likely to be a huge problem, as long as you are clear that he won't be involved driving the children anywhere.

I know some childminders in my area whose husbands have more serious records, so it's not likely that they will say no outright.