PDA

View Full Version : Costume drama's own up girls

Dragonfly
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Okay I own up I love costume Dramas like
Wuthering heights:blush: any thing from Jane Austin:thumbsup: also Downtown Abbey, catherine cookson ,etc, etc.
What dvds/films do you like to watch?

I also like more up to date ones and was going to rent Black Swan but a few of you have put me off:)

Louise0208
08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
i hate them.......

till i was dying with the flu from boxing day onwards & was bedridden, ITV3 was playing back to back downton abby over 3 days & there was nothing else on so i started watching in the hope id fall asleep......I was hooked & even sent the OH out on boxing day to find some non-drowsy flu medicine so i could stay away as the other stuff knocked me out :laughing:

.....sad :o

Dragonfly
08-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I thought it was excellent :thumbsup: I liked the original upstairs downstairs but they done a horrible remake at christmas ugh:(

caz3007
08-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I loved Downton too. My hubby hates costume dramas but said that Downton was alright ....which in his language means he enjoyed it.

Cant wait for the next series

Pipsqueak
08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I really enjoyed Downton too!

emmadines
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Okay I own up I love costume Dramas like
Wuthering heights:blush: any thing from Jane Austin:thumbsup: also Downtown Abbey, catherine cookson ,etc, etc.
What dvds/films do you like to watch?

I also like more up to date ones and was going to rent Black Swan but a few of you have put me off:)

me tooooo, Love costume dramas!!! - awaiting black swan - regardless of whats said I still want to see it!

x

Dragonfly
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
After reading your post Emmadines I bid on Black Swan and won.:) Hope its not as bad as what some threads have said or its £9.00 wasted and I'll be cross with myself :panic:

sharonmanc
09-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I loooooove costume drama's and so does my 15 year old, great as we get to watch them together .

emmadines
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
After reading your post Emmadines I bid on Black Swan and won.:) Hope its not as bad as what some threads have said or its £9.00 wasted and I'll be cross with myself :panic:

lol ebay it off again if it isnt all that.... but at least you can mak your own mins up lol

I am still waiting for (love film) to post it to me

oakie dokie
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
love them!.....world war 2 one on tonight bbc2 9pm!

singingcactus
12-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I do enjoy some period stuff, but haven't watched any of those you've mentioned lol. I have read some of the books though. I would have enjoyed watching downton I think but hadn't heard of it till half way through.

I watch mostly fantasy and scifi, but I love Arthurian stuff....although I guess that still qualifies as fantasy. We're loving game of thrones at the moment, or were until the season finished, roll on season 2! Still costumes but I guess not the ones you meant :D .

Mookins
12-07-2011, 09:27 AM
when i was younger my family used to be a part of a 14th century Medieavel re-enactment group
found it all highly embarressing, hated it but got to travel round the country and see some fab castles

but due to this i cant watch these dramas it reminds me of it al and the nights of sewing costumes:eek:

xx

nannysue
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I love all costume dramas !! Loved Larkrise to Candleford and Cranford too as well as the others mentioned here. :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
20-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Emmadines, watched Black swan the other night totally weired, stick with my Jane Austins I think lol. Have you watched it yet?.