PDA

View Full Version : Sooo fed up of waiting now !

katie78
08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I need a bit of a rant sorry

I went to my pre reg in january and then had my early years officer come ever shortly after, did everything i was asked made my policies, she came out again when i was a bit further down the line with them and she said send your things off to ofsted when you feel you are ready to get going.

Didnt do it sraight away as my partner got porley with depression and angziety which has made it difficult to concentrate on things fully for a bit, got him a bit more on an even keel so sent my things off which then generated crb forms to which i did, mine is now back and my partners on stage 4 ( his will clear he is a teacher ) rang ofsted twice out of being so fed up and wanting to know whats happening and they say i have got till next wed before they need to ring me about a visit !

Its doing my head in, my booklet is done, my policies are done, risk assessments 98% done, parent pack 95% done !

Im so fed up, they are cutting it so fine with the time frame to come out and see me :( :(

I cant relax at all as work is all i can think of :( :(

Rant over now
Katie xx

Curvylou
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Where abouts are you I have the exact same problem.

I live in Lincoln, I sent all my forms off in May and they said it would be 5 weeks till visit so early July. I have rung again and they said that they requested my visit at end of june (as they are not the department that does visits they just request we get one once all papers are in). They said it could take up to 5 weeks depending on how busy they are in my area for them to contact me to arrange a visit!

All my policies, forms etc are all done I'm just sat waiting now and I finish my full time job in 3 weeks and was hoping to start taking on children...

katie78
11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I live in Staffordshire !

I got told to get your forms in as quick as possible and my early years officer said Ofsted will be out to visit you about 2 weeks after you have sent all your stuff off !! Pffffttt to that, its taken so long and now my maternity allowance has run out i have no income and still no phone call from Ofsted about when i can start work !!! :angry:

Not fair !

I hope they hurry up and ring you xxx

Curvylou
13-07-2011, 08:52 AM
HI
I sent my forms in by 18th May and they rang to say visit would be in 5 weeks. I then chased at begin of july and they said visit would be in 5 weeks they requested it in June.

I have just phoned today and they said that deadline for prospect to call me is 25th July so they will send reminder email and hopefully someone will call me today to arrange a visit.

Give them a ring in case they have forgotten about you.

Hope they come to you soon xx

gazanne
13-07-2011, 09:41 AM
this happened to my daughter. She rang ofsted and they said she could wait upto 5 weeks. They gave her prospects tel no and they told her the date they had to vist by. They rang her the day before.

katie78
13-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Well the update with this is that today was the day they should have rung me so i waited till after lunch and no phone call so i rang them and they said that they have got 4-5 weeks before they have to ring me about a visit !!

Talk about moving the goal posts, with the previous 2 phone calls about seeing what was what they said it would be in 4 weeks for sure :eek: !!

Cheeky cheeky of them huh !!

Well i suppose its another week where i can get on with my cypop 5 course, but its our dd1's summer school fair on saturday and would have been a fantastic time to start handing out my buisness cards to people to try and drum up some work :(

Katie xx

Curvylou
20-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Well after all that...She rang on Monday (18th) saying can she come tomorrow!!!! :angry:

Thankfully I was all ready but did put on my forms that I currently work fulltime! Luckily work let me take the day off with such short notice.

But she has said that she will recommend that I can take in full numbers :clapping:

katie78
20-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Did your visit go ok then ??

I have just had my phone call now and they are coming tomorrow morning and im so exited, it feels like all my birthdays have come at once :jump for joy:

Katie

Curvylou
20-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Hello

Visit went well. I explained that I was still at work and hadn't done the garden yet but put action points for me to do so tidy up garden, secure lid down on water butt and even remove my washing line...which is at 5ft 4 which is taller than me! so not sure how the kids are meant to reach it! Will ask hubby to put it up higher...

She just went through that visit booklet (backwards) asked what I knew about the 6 elements and what I'd do to meet them.

Other than that I think it was ok.

Good luck for tomorrow xxx

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Glad your visit went ok well done

Angel xxx

Curvylou
21-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Good luck for today I'm sure you will be fab.
:clapping: