PDA

View Full Version : starting point page

wendy bird
07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi. I had my inspection yesterday and it was briefley brought up that I dont have a starting point page at the front of my journey's. I have something there but she says it's more of a welfare thing.
I vaguely remember on my training course a sheet with either aeroplanes or trains, or balloons where you would write in areas that that child can do when they begin at your setting.
I thought I had seen one on the free resourses page but must have my eyes shut!!!

Could somebody help me out?

Thanks

xx

sarah707
07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Just consider what the child's family says about the child in each area of L & D and what you see and hear in the first few days / weeks for part timers.

write it up on a form with 6 boxes, 1 for each area of learning and development.

Use the starting points to inform your first set of next steps / individual planning.

Hth :D

wendy bird
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Sarah

Yes that's what i thought I had to put in. I just wondered about a pretty looking sheet that I could put it all on.
Just want to do it all right, without there being too much. was a bit disheartened by my result but it has just made me want to do more and be better.

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

xx