PDA

View Full Version : had my briefing today

sharonmanc
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
and i am feeling very positive. Basically i heard the same info that i have gotten from all of you wonderful people.

Plus I found that his course will be the last one they fund and as part of it the 2 day paediatric first aid is included so i don't have to pay for that either.

The course itself will be accredited with the local college so it can count towards the level 3 diploma.

And i also do not have to register with environmental health, as they have an agreement with them because of the vast number of childminders, etc.

So all a lot more positive

the course is basically first come first served, they emailed us the forms to email back, mine has already been sent :D

so hopefully i will be on the course for September, the next date is January so the sooner the better.

I really cant wait to get started.

what I found disconcerting was that there was a middle aged gentleman walk in for the briefing and some of the looks he got, you would think that people would get over themselves. One of the best nursery nurses my daughter had was male when she was between 6 months and 2 years when i was at college, maybe thats why people looked a bot off when he walked in because they maybe have not come into contact with too many male childminders or carers of small children, makes me laugh because no one bats an eyelid at a male primary teacher -

So other than that it was very postive, looking forward to it all now :thumbsup:

sarah707
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
That sounds brilliant and even better that it's funded!

Let us know how you get on :D