PDA

View Full Version : Variations before first inspection

Vikkileeds
07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Seriously panicking!!!

I have known since around March I have twins starting in Sept (they will be 6 months when they start and i already mind their 3 year old brother). Ofsted assured me when i called and enquired the likelihood is it will be fine as they are one family etc and they like to keep families together. Plus I have 10 years experience in childcare and am Level 4 qualified.

I have just asked Ofsted for a variation form and they have now said they may not be able to do one as i haven't had my first inspection!!! Help!!

Has anyone else been in a situation similar to this?

They are sending the form out to me and when i return it they will take it from there.

lfishwick
07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I asked for my variation at my initial meeting ( I knew I was having 6 month of old twins if I was approved).

She had no problem with it and it went on my very first certificate.... I have now however asked to increase my numbers when with my assistant and I think that may have prompted my inspection as I have already had the call to enquire about my early years..... 2 months after I was registered.

Did you mention it to your original inspector or did you not know then?

Flisspaps
07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
I registered in December, got a variation for an under 1 in January (sent the form off the same day as the inspector did my pre-reg as DD was also under 1 at the time) and was inspected today.

They're talking out of their hat if they say you can't have a form. I believe you can download them from their website anyway, I have in the past. They might send an inspector out to chat about the variation with you as they did with me.

nicola1981
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
ive had a variation granted and have not had a graded inspection yet ( though i only need the variation for one day...took 1 week to come back)

jane5
09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I asked Ofsted and they said they would bring the inspection forward so that I could get the variation.

Apply for one but be prepared for Mrs O to come knocking ;)

onceinabluemoon
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I was given a variation for two under ones within a month of being registered.

Vikkileeds
13-07-2011, 11:36 AM
thanks guys these responses are really helpful. Got the form today so going to get it sent off ASAP. Fingers crossed or I'll feel awful letting the family down.