PDA

View Full Version : Childminding on 2nd floor - no lift- will it work??

Sissy
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Hya
I am looking into moving homes on the next month. I have seen lots of properties and the ones I like most arent ground floor and got no lift...anyways, yesterday I have seen one that is perfect for my family _ not necessary my business - it is on second floor without lift and it is split level aswell. It is right next door to my 1st choice school and my last chance to get my DD there as she is on the reception waiting list and we got my 5th choice right now. It is with a private landlord and we would not spend much to move in as there wont be agency fees...and as I am looking after 1 baby only, I could live his buggy downstairs and carry him up to the flat?? I could always do before and after school to top up my earnings...even if it is only for 1 year, I am wulling to sacrifice 1 year earnings for my DD to get into the best primary school around.
Do you think will it work, I mean Ofsted wise, as the parents wouldnt mind, they do the same, they dont hae lift.
Any opinions much appreciated
Thanks

xgemx
06-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi a friend of mine childminds in a flat on the 2nd floor with no lift and has done for quite a few years, you may need to check with your landlord that they dont mind you doing it for their

Sissy
06-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi and do you know how does she do it? How many children she has and their ages??