PDA

View Full Version : Birthday help please

newbie1512
06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi all

We are going to a 90th birthday party this weekend and I have no idea of what to buy :panic: She has said she doesnt wast anybody to buy anything (shes very wealthy and has everything she wants already) but we cant turn up empty handed.

My kiddies have made a house shaped key holder and painted it, other family have bought champagne, she will probably get flowers and chocs out the ying yang so what do I get??

I only realised today its Wed and we go on sat :eek:

Any ideas would be very much appreciated :)

loocyloo
06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
a home made voucher for a day out/meal/some time with you.

a voucher for a massage ( i know my granny used to love hers ;) )

maybe organise a photographer to come and take photos of the day ( or ask for copies of everyones photos ) and have them made into a book for her, or put some in a frame? maybe give her the empty frame and say you will put a photo in it of the day?

have a lovely time xxx

newbie1512
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks loocyloo I like the photographer idea. Cant really do the home made voucher although its a cracking idea, she lives in Ashley and im in Oxford. She doesnt really get out much as she is a full time carer for her partner who has prostate cancer, ms and is wheel chair bound

I really dont know how she does it, like I say she is turning 90, a full time carer for an 84 yr old wheelchair bound man who cant do anything for himself and only ever had help once and that was because she was very ill for 2 weeks.

She is amazing and I can only hope I will be half the lady she is :)

Better start looking at photographers :D

The Juggler
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
what about a lovely b& w framed photo of someting special, where she grew up, where she went to school etc.??

LOOPYLISA
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
My nan used to love a nice manicure, how about a voucher?

emmadines
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I deffinitly think a memory book would be a lovely idea!!

xx

Jiorjiina
07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
How about sponsoring a tree (http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/support-us/plant-a-tree/Pages/new-forest.aspx) to be planted for her?