PDA

View Full Version : OBSERVING & PLANNING FOR 7 MONTH OLD???

jenmaz2468
05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Help, its my first full time client (I'm a new new childminder 3 x weeks into the job) - where on earth do I start with observations and planning for a '7 month old baby girl' who has only just started sitting up?

sarah707
05-07-2011, 09:12 PM
What does she like doing? What interests her? What is she looking at? Does she respond to songs and rhymes? Is she motivated to sit up? Does she have a favourite toy yet?

Talk to parents about influences at home - music she hears, toys she plays with, outings she goes on etc.

clue into her likes, dislikes, ways of doing things etc and plan to continue to meet her needs :D

linda2girls
05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I am finding this age difficult as well. So far I have an observation for PD - starting to crawl (towards his favourite toy in front of him) - next step is providing low surfaces for pulling up . He has also just started copying clapping - I am about the check to see if that can be an ob and under what area.

For PSED look to see if she has formed a close attachment to mum or dad - does she give a big smile or giggle when she sees or hears them.

For CLL I have "T cries when he is hungry, grizzles when he needs a new nappy and gurgles to himself before he falls asleep".

I'm still working on my learning journals, trying to find a way that suits me, but still struggling sometimes.

Hopefully I'm on the right lines, but still working on planning.

steveschildmind
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I also am finding it very difficult for an under 1 to complete all the sections. It does seem to be a lot easier for older children, but then I'm probably making it more difficult than it should be!