PDA

View Full Version : presents for teachers ideas needed please

sandy64
05-07-2011, 04:49 PM
hi im looking for some ideas please my dd has been at a school nursery for 20mths and is leaving to go to school shes had a fab time and her teacher and staff has been brilliant id like to get presents but not sure what somethink useful? different? i dont mind spending more on the teacher but want to get the 3 nursery nurses a gift as well any ideas please:)

sarah707
05-07-2011, 05:00 PM
When I was teaching I used to really appreciate getting thank you cards because I could use them to say thanks for all the boxes of chocolate and candles everyone bought me! :laughing:

Toothfairy
05-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I've just ordered a couple of mugs from Ebay. They are white with lots of coloured polka dots over them. You can then have the teachers name put on the front and a short message on the back.

They are nice sturdy mugs, good quality china and come in a foam box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270604185499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

loocyloo
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
when DD left nursery i bought the whole nursery some bug collecting pots :D as that was DDs obsession! also a big bug book! she also painted a snack plate for the nursery to use at snack time.

i gave her keyworker a plant.

we moved schools last term and i bought the teachers silver bookmarks that had the class 'animal' on it!

am wondering what to get the teachers at the new school! we've only been here a term, so don't really know them yet!

The Juggler
05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
there are so many part-time at our school it would cost me a fortune. we make hand made cards with a message from us. I feel what they want is to be told thank you (I know that's what is important to me - as nice as gifts are :blush: I just want to know I'm appreciated).

rickysmiths
06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
A box of homemade biscuits to share. A card each for the staff.

flowerpots
06-07-2011, 05:52 AM
when DD left nursery i bought the whole nursery some bug collecting pots :D as that was DDs obsession! also a big bug book! she also painted a snack plate for the nursery to use at snack time.

i gave her keyworker a plant.

we moved schools last term and i bought the teachers silver bookmarks that had the class 'animal' on it!

am wondering what to get the teachers at the new school! we've only been here a term, so don't really know them yet!

The silver bookmarks sound great, where did you get them from? :)

Milli147
06-07-2011, 06:15 AM
This is not a suggestion, but it's just reminded me of something!

I was stood in the queue in The White Company once while the woman in front of me purchased 3 velour bathrobes at £45 each (then) and had them gift boxed - then announced at that they were presents for her childs teachers......lucky teachers....bet that wasn't the local comp!

mama2three
06-07-2011, 06:26 AM
My favourite , and one I now do for ds teachers , was a packet of bulbs with a little verse attached saying think of me each time these flower and how you have helped me to grow and blossom - I do still think of J whenever my crocuses come through!

Helen Dempster
07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
My favourite , and one I now do for ds teachers , was a packet of bulbs with a little verse attached saying think of me each time these flower and how you have helped me to grow and blossom - I do still think of J whenever my crocuses come through!

What a lovely idea, and one I think I might use for my DS's teacher, who's about to retire :)

funemnx
07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
A box of homemade biscuits to share. A card each for the staff.

I think homemade food is a great idea, cookies, muffins etc, my 2 SIL's are teachers and find it difficult to find a place for a lot of trinkets but have a box full of lovely homemade cards that they keep and enjoy putting their feet up with a homemade cookie or two! :)

FussyElmo
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Mine are getting a box of homemade cakes - its cheaper and looks more thoughtful :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I like the bulb idea :)

I always bake cookies/cakes/jam and package in decorated cellophane/boxes/jars :thumbsup: and make cards.

When I worked in a nursery and was leaving all the children made me a paper flower which were presented in a cardboard vase with their names on the leaves. Was much more personal than chocs which is why I do homemade presents if I can :thumbsup:

loocyloo
07-07-2011, 03:56 PM
The silver bookmarks sound great, where did you get them from? :)

Ebay! this is the 'shop' i used, but there are lots on there!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_kw=FINE+PEWTER+SEA+HORSE++BOOKMARK++NEEK 57&_id=180618681256

sandy64
07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
thanks some lovely ideas i new you guys would help me thanks now just need to decide which to choose lol:)

sandy64
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
hi one present done thanks for my older dd teacher just ordered fairy book mark there lovely thanx for that. not sure if it would come for next wk when nursry closes. love the bulb idea did you buy the pot for it? also the cake ideas are great i did mugs filled with sweets for xmas so cant do them. thanks:)

mama2three
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
hi one present done thanks for my older dd teacher just ordered fairy book mark there lovely thanx for that. not sure if it would come for next wk when nursry closes. love the bulb idea did you buy the pot for it? also the cake ideas are great i did mugs filled with sweets for xmas so cant do them. thanks:)

no , just the bulbs to go out in the garden!

louise
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Loocyloo thanks for the idea. I got ds to do a keyring last year and will do the same this yr. The idea was for the keys to the class cuboard unsure of it was used but it was something different. He done it on the colour wing paper with the class flower on one side and a drawing of teacher the other but this year he will also give a bookmark. A quick google and I found that marie curie do one as he is in Daffodil class. I thought this was a lovely idea thanks x

loocyloo
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Loocyloo thanks for the idea.

you are welcome :D xxx

and sandy64 ... i love those fairy bookmarks!