PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters update

Helen Dempster
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
well, they were AAAA-MAZING!!!! They certainly know how to put a great show on. It was a late night though, didn't get home til 1.30am this morning and mindee was being dropped off at 7am, so a bit tired! So worth it though! Stayed at a little place just outside Milton Keynes (Old Stratford?) on Sat night, then the gig was yesterday. Only down side was people throwing bottles into the crowd - got SOAKED in beer and stank of it (and I wasn't even drinking the stuff, just water!) - but I guess that's rock 'n' roll! Lol. Seasick Steve played a song with David Grohl on drums and they had fireworks at the end. Great! Almost lost my voice (almost!) singing along and cheering. There were some very weird peeps there though, but with a crowd of 65,000 I guess a few weirdos were only to be expected :laughing:

The Juggler
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM
glad you enjoyed hon. would have loved to have seen them myself. very jealous :)

Roseolivia
05-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I saw them a few years ago and thought they were great too. You do get a lot of weirdos, my sister and i nearly got into a fight as 2 girls in front kept jumping around (even though we were in seated area) and kept knocking into my then pregnant sister.

porky1979
05-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I see them on Saturday, they were awesome. I love Dave Grohl <3

Helen Dempster
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I see them on Saturday, they were awesome. I love Dave Grohl <3

He's lovely isn't he? :blush: You had Alice Cooper and Roger Taylor on didn't you? A few people in the B&B we stayed at went on the Saturday and were telling us all about it.

porky1979
05-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes Alice Cooper was good, didn't really know much of his stuff but enjoyed it. I can't wait to see them again, we see them at Wembley Stadium a few years back and that was such a better atmosphere I think than MK, MK was a bit more laid back but it was still great. Foo's are the best live, I have seen a few live bands and they top them all. :)

Greengrass74
05-07-2011, 12:44 PM
well, they were AAAA-MAZING!!!! They certainly know how to put a great show on. It was a late night though, didn't get home til 1.30am this morning and mindee was being dropped off at 7am, so a bit tired! So worth it though! Stayed at a little place just outside Milton Keynes (Old Stratford?) on Sat night, then the gig was yesterday. Only down side was people throwing bottles into the crowd - got SOAKED in beer and stank of it (and I wasn't even drinking the stuff, just water!) - but I guess that's rock 'n' roll! Lol. Seasick Steve played a song with David Grohl on drums and they had fireworks at the end. Great! Almost lost my voice (almost!) singing along and cheering. There were some very weird peeps there though, but with a crowd of 65,000 I guess a few weirdos were only to be expected :laughing:

Did you like Old Stratford? We live not that far from there, it is a nice little place with some lovely shops.

Glad you had a good time, I am jealous that you saw Seasick Steve as I love his music

Helen Dempster
05-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Did you like Old Stratford? We live not that far from there, it is a nice little place with some lovely shops.

Glad you had a good time, I am jealous that you saw Seasick Steve as I love his music

Oh wow - we LOVED Old Stratford, gorgeous place, you're very lucky :) Seasick Steve's great. Just seems a genuinely lovely person. He was saying that 5 years ago he was homeless. He's very humble and so talented.