PDA

View Full Version : Where do these fit?

Rachel_0x
03-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I have two observations and I'm struggling where to link them in the EYFS!

1) I have a 9 month old baby laughing at himself in the mirror and clapping

2) I have a 17 month old splashing in water and laughing

Thanks,
x

QualityCare
03-07-2011, 08:56 AM
1. PSE and KUW; learning about themselves, expressions, emotions.
2. PSE exploring and having confidence in carrying out activities in water
water can be linked to all 6 areas but if only splashing at the time l would use just that one, planning could be to move on to PD pouring KUW animals that live in the water, CL appropiate words splashing pouring etc

Rachel_0x
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
"develop an understanding and awareness of themselves" - Would this be the most appropriate for my 8 month old in the mirror?

I can't put the water one under any other than "explore the environment with interest or develop a curiosity about new things" - it was his first time in the water at the setting..

Thanks,
x

sarah707
03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I think you are over-thinking it!

You cannot find statements in development matters for every thing a child does or says - it would be impossible to have a list like that.

Very often you just have to use 'best guess' and link to the area of learning rather than a particular statement.

Hth :D

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;949479]I think you are over-thinking it!

i agree. everything a child does will have PSED in it one way or another so rather than drive yourself mad looking for something that perfectly fits your scenario, link it to PSED anyway because in the very least they will be "seeking and delighting in new experiences" whatever their age or stage of development. Otherwise, you could be sitting there all day and all night at that rate! hehe

khlwomitchell
20-08-2011, 01:49 PM
with the water... i was struggling to find a way of getting CLL into my 9mth old learning planner and the water leave trails from their fingers which is 'writing' and mark making. xx

go back to your practice guidance and read up on the ages and that can help x

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 04:02 PM
was the child babbling as s/he was playing with the water? i expect so. or even just giggling? there you go - communication element of CLL - job done! i think communication gets overshadowed by mark-making etc sometimes:(