PDA

View Full Version : NCMA stationary

MaryMary
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I need to order some new contracts, as I have a family of 3 starting in August, but only have 2 contracts left :o
I have been putting it off because I am still undecided whether to stay with NCMA, or switch to MM (renewal later this month)
I was going to re-order the NCA ones anyway because, even if I switch to MM, I can still use NCMA contracts (but not vice-versa).
However, when I went to order them, they added £2.50 postage :eek: How long has that charge been in? they have put up all their other costs aswell :( (I paid £73.60 last year & they want £92.26 to renew this year :angry: )

I couldn't find anything on the website about postage charges, they just appeared on the shopping basket :mad: Does anyone know if there is a postage free spending amount? Does MM charge for postage?

Sorry if this seems to be a rant, but I had always liked the fact that postage was free :(

MaryMary
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Just worked that out to be an increase of over 25% :panic: :eek: :angry:

rickysmiths
02-07-2011, 08:11 PM
They have always charged P & P that is why its better to order your bits when you renew and get a 10% discount. Or club together with a few other minders.

MaryMary
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I have checked back on old invoices, and a year ago they definitely didn't charge postage :(
it is a bit naughty that they don't mention a charge for postage on their website aswell

christine e
03-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Well I've just been on their website and the shop page indicates a p and p charge in the 'your basket' box on the right hand side.

Cx

christine e
03-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Well I've just been on their website and the shop page indicates a p and p charge in the 'your basket' box on the right hand side.
Just had a look at contracts on M & M's website and although they don't charge for p and p they are more expensive and NCMA's work out cheaper even with p and p added!
Cx

Ant_h18
03-07-2011, 06:10 AM
why dont you make you own.

sarah707
03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
why dont you make you own.

You cannot use your own contracts if you are insured via NCMA ... and want back up if something goes wrong.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I have checked back on old invoices, and a year ago they definitely didn't charge postage :(
it is a bit naughty that they don't mention a charge for postage on their website aswell

Well it must have been a lucky blip for you. I have always paid it and that is why I order what I need for the year when I renew my membership each year.

Also I don't think Contracts etc are expensive at all when you think about the income the child is going to produce.

MaryMary
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Just had a look at contracts on M & M's website and although they don't charge for p and p they are more expensive and NCMA's work out cheaper even with p and p added!
Cx

It was at that point that i noticed the P&P. So I went to look for details (as I had never been charged before) and couldn't find any. i use other websites for mail order, and P&P is usually quite clearly laid out somewhere as information.

Not previously being charged was not a blip, as I have checked on several old invoices. Am I the only one then? :)

I also noticed that MM were mariginally more expensive (75p, I think).

I am still so undecided about what to do about the membership/insurance :o
it looks like NCMA has got their house in order re insurance (from other posts) but at a cost. Is it only me that thinks an increase from £73.60 last July to £92.26 this year is excessive? And that is an increase in membership costs, not insurance,. but you can't have PLI without memebership :angry:

boxtree7
03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
are you allowed to use photo copy contracts rather then buying all the time

manjay
03-07-2011, 11:30 AM
are you allowed to use photo copy contracts rather then buying all the time

No because that would be a copyright infringement!

I always order my paperwork when I renew my membership and to be truthful I can't remember whether I have paid P & P before. However I think we have been very lucky if it has been free up until now.

With regard to the membership increase I agree it is not a small one but I guess it is a sign of the current economic climate. For me being a member is integral to my business so I just see it as an essential business expense.

What I would say to anyone who is really unhappy with the increase then get yourself along to your regional NCMA forum. This is the place that members views are aired and taken back to the decision makers. If enough people have a problem then it will be something that NCMA have to look at:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
No because that would be a copyright infringement!

I always order my paperwork when I renew my membership and to be truthful I can't remember whether I have paid P & P before. However I think we have been very lucky if it has been free up until now.

With regard to the membership increase I agree it is not a small one but I guess it is a sign of the current economic climate. For me being a member is integral to my business so I just see it as an essential business expense.

What I would say to anyone who is really unhappy with the increase then get yourself along to your regional NCMA forum. This is the place that members views are aired and taken back to the decision makers. If enough people have a problem then it will be something that NCMA have to look at:thumbsup:

Hear, Hear.

I could not imagine not being a member of NCMA. I think we would certainly notice the difference if they did not exist, a lot of the work done on our behalf is done by volunteers like many members on this Forum.

We are actually lucky that the membershipd fees for a professional body are so cheap. I am a Home Economist by training and the last time I belonged to the Association of Home Economists the fee was well over £100pa and that was over 20yrs ago :eek: Like manjay I consider these costs as an essential business expense.

Chimps Childminding
03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I also stock up on contracts etc. when I renew my membership so not sure about P&P. I put the memberhsip/public liability down as one of those things we have to have in order to do our job, may not like it but got to be done, same as ICO :angry: and Ofsted Registration Fee. Plus you can put it down against your tax :)

MaryMary
07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Just to lay out the postage charges:
0-£24.99 £2.25
£25 - £49.99 - £1.75
£50 - £99.99 - £1.25
£100+ free

The postage charges have only been applicable for the last year (I wasn't going mad :p )
Still would be nice if that info was somewhere on the website :o