PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit and actions

cockatoos
01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi there. I have my pre reg visit next Tuesday and I have a number of things to do in my house re safety (buy fire guard, fit stair gate etc etc). I have risk assessed house and garden and so know what I need to do but won't be able to do all the things before she comes (we are away this weekend-always the way!). I have crb back and have done first aid course. My question is whether not having all these things will hold up my registration? Do you have an action list prior to getting your certificate? Do they have to check or do they wait for your next visit?

Sorry but slightly panicking!

Amy

sarah707
01-07-2011, 06:54 AM
You don't know what ages of children you are going to get yet so you don't know what equipment you will need to buy.

Show the inspector how you intend to keep children safe... if a child is of an age where I need a stair gate I will buy one; if a child is of an age where I need a fire guard I will buy one etc.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend away :D

xshellbellex
01-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Don't worry about it.
All I did to my house before inspection was clean it. I just described to the ofsted inspector what i would do to make my house safe, i also did a risk assessment of my home which i showed them.
They are more interested in your knowledge on EYFS and safeguarding

cockatoos
02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much! You've put my mind at rest! Even though I am away this weekend, here I am using this forum to finish my preparation booklet! I'm obsessed!

Amy