PDA

View Full Version : confused !

natnat86
30-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi i'm new on here and wanted some advice. I'm due on my Childminding Briefing Session in August 2011 and a friend of a friend asked me if i could mind her baby, can i do this as Self Employed until my Childminding Business starts up and then take the baby there are there some rules and reg's regarding this?? Also thought if i could do this is would build up good clientele for when i do set up!! All suggestions welcome, and thank you all for taking time out to read and reply :) xx

jane5
30-06-2011, 11:56 PM
You can not mind the child in your home until you have your certificate but you could mind the child in her home as a nanny until you are registered.
Good luck with your registration:thumbsup:

Penny1959
01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
As Jane5 says you MUST NOT have child at your home - unless it comes under the requirements ' Registration not required'. This is the link to the Ofsted factsheet
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Registration-not-required/(language)/eng-GB

However I would advise you to think very carefully as you would not have any protection if something goes wrong - whereas as a registered childminder you would have insurance in place and the parents the reassurance that your setting had been checked and met the national standards.

You would not have protection via policies and procedures and so could not set your 'rules' and stick to them.

Finally,personally I don't think it gives a very professional start to your childminding career to provide care under such circumstances and might be difficult to switch to 'childminding terms and conditions' including being paid once registered.

Going to the child;s home is a better option - but the same considerations need to thought about. There is some information on NCMA website about being a nanny www.*************

I hope all works out for you

Penny :)