PDA

View Full Version : Another SSAFA update..

MissTinkerbell
02-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Well I'm still waiting so decided on Sandra's advice to give SSAFA head office a ring as I panicked that they might not have got his form. Anyway it seems that they received the request from Ofsted on the 16th April.

She told me that it normally takes 6-8 weeks for the checks to be done. His requests had been sent to where we are now and his previous posting at Coningsby and they were just waiting to hear back from them. As soon as they got them back, they would immediately post them off to Ofsted (who have said that as soon as they have them, they will send out my registration).

She also told me that because hubby has only been in 2 places for the last 8 years then it might not take quite so long, but I can probably expect no longer than 6 weeks. Although 2 Bank Holidays in May could slow things up.:(

She also said that it was a good job he'd not been out to Saudi in the last few years because then I could be waiting for 4-5 months due to the slowness of things out there with the Americans (thank goodness the last time he did that was in 2001).

Blaze
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Patience is a virtue...one which I don't have where OFSTED etc are concerned!!!!:laughing:

sarah707
02-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Could have been a lot worse then!

At least you've got an answer... and a new date to start mithering from !! :D