PDA

View Full Version : Babies behind bars

clio0602
27-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Anyone watching? Not sure what to make of it.

I know the mums have committed crimes but I couldn't imagine giving up my baby 24hrs after giving birth ! :(

Jiorjiina
28-06-2011, 12:23 AM
I've got it recorded. I'm going to watch it tomorrow when I can pause it and walk away for a bit if it gets too distressing.

Is it any good though?

Dragonfly
28-06-2011, 06:10 AM
I meant to watch that but forgot.

Hebs
28-06-2011, 06:48 AM
i actually felt sorry for SOME of them,

but not the ones who had 6+ kids, why should they get to keep their babies over those who are having first, when their kids havent given them an incentive to behave??? :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
28-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I watched last 15 mins and thought, shouldn;t be up to no good then:o sorry! they got themselves there in the first place!
but then I didn't watch the start so....

LOOPYLISA
28-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I have sky + it :thumbsup:

clio0602
28-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Think the one who's baby is going to Amish family after being pregnant in jail 3times needs to sort herself out. Think its awful her poor mum has all her other kids was it 6 or 8 of them :rolleyes: Hopefully her georg new baby will have a lovely upbringing if she can't get her back on release. Poor babies :(

clio0602
28-06-2011, 09:23 AM
i actually felt sorry for SOME of them,

but not the ones who had 6+ kids, why should they get to keep their babies over those who are having first, when their kids havent given them an incentive to behave??? :rolleyes:

Yes I felt sorry for the young girl who was only a few wks gone and was doing courses so she could get sentence reduced so she could be out for when baby 8or9mth.

That was the only one I felt sorry for tho!

Helen Dempster
28-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I was going between the TV and computer when this was on, so didn't watch all of it properly. I'm not sure what I think about it...is prison the correct environment for a baby? Though a baby wouldn't know one way or another and it's just focussing on mummy. Saying that, there were druggies and murderers in there, it wasn't just minor offenders. I caught a glimpse of the woman who had EIGHT kids...the doctor's face was a picture. It must be so frustrating for them. The jury is still out as to whether I agree that they should keep the babies with them or not.

Emily'bubbles
28-06-2011, 11:58 AM
It was good it did get me mad when they had like 8 babies and suddenly wanted to keep the one they had now, almost like they knew it be easier over the baby wing. However i did feel sorry for Donna, looks like she got in a bit of a tangled web with everything, hopefully they'll change there mind cant see why the woman on her 6th baby got a place when she didnt but aye sods law right?

Jiorjiina
29-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I was going between the TV and computer when this was on, so didn't watch all of it properly. I'm not sure what I think about it...is prison the correct environment for a baby? Though a baby wouldn't know one way or another and it's just focussing on mummy. Saying that, there were druggies and murderers in there, it wasn't just minor offenders. I caught a glimpse of the woman who had EIGHT kids...the doctor's face was a picture. It must be so frustrating for them. The jury is still out as to whether I agree that they should keep the babies with them or not.

Only inmates without a violent record and less than 18 months left of their sentence were allowed to apply for the baby unit, which is totally separate to the main prison.

I think a lot of them have come from really bad or chaotic homes, which is why they've ended up doing what they did - because it was all they knew how to do (if that makes sense!). If the baby unit can help them to deal with their problems and learn be good parents to their children then the prisoners are more likely to stay out of trouble, and their children are less likely to get into trouble in the first place.

I think it all stems from whether prison is for punishment or rehabilitation. If it's for punishment, US prisons shouldn't be run by the Department of Corrections!

I will watch the other episodes with great interest.

julie w
30-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I was watching it in stops and starts, but one of the inmates said she didnt think one of the inmates should keep her baby because she had cut her baby up and put it in a casserole for her husband, and another had microwaved her baby.

LOOPYLISA
30-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I was watching it in stops and starts, but one of the inmates said she didnt think one of the inmates should keep her baby because she had cut her baby up and put it in a casserole for her husband, and another had microwaved her baby.

:eek: :panic:

Emily'bubbles
30-06-2011, 09:44 PM

haha no she said that the inmates with the babies have to go on a special, seperate wing because theres woman in the normal wing who have cut there babies up!