PDA

View Full Version : home insurance...a better price

julie w
27-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I have been with Bluefin insurance for a few years now mainly because I presumed they were the best ones for childminders. I have just received my re newal and it has gone from £50 excess to £100 excess and also gone up to £52 a month.I had always been told by my bank that home businesses were not covered. Still I had a nosey at the Co operative bank out of interest . It states home businesses are not included except childminding. So I had a quote. It covers me for exactly the same as Bluefin including any legal expenses re childminding, and it is also a £50 excess. It comes in at £23 per month for 10 months. So I will def be changing and saving myself almost £30 a month. Just thought I'd say it is always worth checking the small print regarding the nature of home businesses. :thumbsup:

messyplay
27-06-2011, 12:47 PM
thinks for that mine due next month will def look into that one

rickysmiths
27-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm with Churchill and have been for years. Always cheaper than Blu Fin. Blu Fin are naughty the way they advertise because as you ahve discovered and contary to what they would have you believe they are NOT the only people who insure Childminders properly.

I have had so many arguements and written so many letters to NCMA about it. They have toned down the scare tactic advertising but its still not good.

Kezzle
27-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I may look into the co operative then when i get the all clear to start :) thanks for letting us know.

sarah707
27-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Churchill quoted me silly prices this year so I rang them and queried it - I got over £100 off to stay with them.

It's always worth shopping around :D

karensmart4
27-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I shopped around when mine was up for renewal last year and I saved £400 a year by switching to ASDA :thumbsup:

lauren1979
15-07-2011, 07:34 AM
brilliant! Ours has just come up and to be honest I never thought about needing additional c'minding house/contents insurance..co-op just quoted lower than our renewal price so that's great! thank you for sharing :)

Chimps Childminding
15-07-2011, 08:41 AM
I have just had my renewal through, so will take a look as some of the ones you have recommended. Thanks all x

green puppy
15-07-2011, 09:11 AM
It comes in at £23 per month for 10 months. So I will def be changing and saving myself almost £30 a month. Just thought I'd say it is always worth checking the small print regarding the nature of home businesses. :thumbsup:

This is the price I have with mm.

Posy
24-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks, I will definatley look into cooperative now.

Donkey
30-08-2011, 07:52 AM
co-op just quoted me £200 more than my morton michel renewal!!!

mrs mc
15-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Directline will also cover for childminding. I am with them for buildings and contents but with Bluefin for my car because dh had too many points for directline to insure him

miffy
15-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Directline will also cover for childminding. I am with them for buildings and contents but with Bluefin for my car because dh had too many points for directline to insure him

We're with them too. Might get a quote from some of the others mentioned though next time it's due

Miffy xx

Penny1959
15-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Last year I was with Bluefin (NCMA) but this year the renewal was too much. I checked with MM and not much difference.

So I shopped around - and went with 'insure for retirement' for £21 a month I got contents with accidental cover - and for childminding. (Plus for nothing extra building cover which was costing me £19 a month with building society)so saving loads.

And yes I am over 50 but I am definatly not retired!

Penny :)