PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diarys - new idea not sure what ofsted will think

zippy
26-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I know this may sound a bit off the wall, but i have been seriously considering doing my daily diary by text message, i know this would have to be a condensed version but i am too having problems with feedback sometimes i dont think they even read them, this way they have to read it (nobody ignores a text really) also i could ask direct questions within it so unless they are inncredibly rude they will have to reply. My phone is one that shows both sides of the conversation so it will be easy to show an ofsted inspector our conversation. Opinions please peps, is this to off the wall or might it actually work lol

sweets
26-06-2011, 07:51 AM
I think its agood idea as most people do read and respond to texts.

personally i stop doing daily diaries when the child is about 18months, i would rather have a 5 minute chat with parents at the end of the day than just hand them a book and it seems pointless writing everything down when i am telling them it all anyway!

i find they are only really neccessary for babies when you are writing down feeds and sleep etc.

My DO and OFSTED were fine with this :thumbsup:

boxtree7
26-06-2011, 08:59 AM
What I do is - I send a text message 1 soiled nappy, ate well, drank well - loved playing in the garden then I would in the parent comment box write down what mums response is even if its just thanks ...

grindal
26-06-2011, 09:12 AM
What about making yiour daily diary a weekly diary? That way you could send a daily text and then once a week give something written maybe with some photos?
I write too much in my daily diaries - but I put lots of little pics in and know my parents like to "see" what their little ones have been up to.

zippy
26-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I have already started to do it with one parent by accident really she was texting me to see how little one was so I started sending photos through a free app called what's app shed then me messaging back saying how happy little looked etc just got me thinking the parents love it it's easier for me and feels less formal