PDA

View Full Version : Help me write a letter to my neighbour

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
22-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Need help from you articulate bunch

I live in a ground floor flat with 2 floors above me. The people in the top floor keep throwing their cigarette butts into my garden :angry: . I cant prove its them but i know its not those on the 1st floor as i Know them and they dont smoke.

I need a polite note to put through their door not accusing them but perhaps reminding them that my 2 yr old uses the garden and not to throw their dirty rotton:angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: butts into my garden as i have woken up this and their is 13 in my garden!

Ideas please

kells_bells
22-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd buy them an ashtray with a post stick on it saying use me and put it in a huge box all gift wrapped with a big bow then leave it on the door step :) subtle hint :laughing:

~Chelle~
22-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd buy them an ashtray with a post stick on it saying use me and put it in a huge box all gift wrapped with a big bow then leave it on the door step :) subtle hint :laughing:

Love this idea:thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
22-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I would love to say pick them up and put them through their letterbox..... but..... I think often not speaking face to face can give the impression you are being nasty, I would knock on their door and ask them nicely rather than writing a letter, its easier to take a letter the wrong way

The Juggler
22-06-2011, 10:06 PM

great idea hon but if you get a negative response then speak to the landlords x

Jiorjiina
23-06-2011, 12:45 AM
How about:

'Dear X,

I live in the ground floor flat of this building, and make regular use of my garden with both my own 2 year old and other children using my childminding service. I have recently started to find a lot of cigarette butts dropped or thrown in there. As I am a non smoker, I am at a loss to explain how this keeps happening.

If you or your family are smokers, I would sincerely appreciate it if you could make sure that none of the butts from your cigarettes end up in my garden, as I am becoming concerned about the safety of the children in my care.

Thank you for your help,

X'