PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!! (CYPW)

onceinabluemoon
22-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Some of you may remember the shameful way I was treated by the local college when they kicked me off the CYPD course for shutting when we had D&V in the house...

The good news was that they had lied to me and not actually pulled down my funding, which was fab because although it meant they could kick me off it also meant I could go elsewhere!

Today my assessor came from the new company and OMG what a difference!! I felt at ease with her right away, she was lovely! She treated me with respect and said how , as a CM, I would have lots of experience to enable me to do the course well (college looked down their nose at me and said CMs would not be able to do it very easily...). She bought with her a comprehensive guide to the first set of work and it's written in good English, makes sense etc etc AND gave me a copy of the Penny Tassoni book so now I have 2... :laughing: I cannot believe how much more professional it is. Now I can only hope that this level continues throughout the course

So, my first unit is CYP 3.4 (Support children and young people's health and safety) and I've already started. If you dont hear from me for a while, you know I'm snowed under, lol.

Thank you again to all of my lovely forum buddies who supported me when all I wanted to do was give up. You are my rocks! Big hugs xx

Pipsqueak
22-06-2011, 04:56 PM
That is fab news hun :clapping: :clapping:

You are right, it is shameful the way the college treated you. Did you ever write a letter of complaint?

you go girlfriend and stick it to them by doing all this with flying colours:D

sarah707
22-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I am so pleased that it's all in place for you to succeed this time! Go for it :clapping: