PDA

View Full Version : Newly registered, finally!

textbookshelby
19-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello All,

I have my first mindee starting on Thursday and am worried I haven't done everything I need to do! All consent forms, policies & procedures have been signed by parent. Signing contract tomorrow. I have covered the All About Me/child record forms etc I'm just worried about the initial start. I will obviously be doing observations of said mindee but everywhere I look it's all about the EYFS, however, in Wales this doesn't seem to be followed as religiously as it is in England? When I had my pre-registration inspection, all she asked about planning was, was I doing any!? EYFS wasn't even mentioned. I would like to follow it but can't get hold of the pack anymore as they have stopped doing it!!?? Anyone who can help, would be much appreciated, thanks!

Pauline
20-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi

I've moved your post into the Welsh section of the forum, CSSIW, you will get more help there and your post will not be lost amongst all the others.

In Wales you do not do EYFS and I'm sure one of our lovely ladies will be along soon to answer you far better than I can :thumbsup:

sarah707
20-06-2011, 06:08 PM
You can ignore all the Eyfs information (unless you find it useful of course!)

You need to focus on the National Standards for Wales and the Foundation Phase information you should have been given in your briefing sessions.

You can find it all online on the http://wales.gov.uk website if you do not have hard copies :D

tulip0803
20-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi congratulations in becoming registered and starting work.

Childminders in Wales do not have a "curiculum" to follow. EYFS only applies in England and not Wales. The Foundation Phase for 3-7 year olds is the curriculum for Wales for nurseries, schools and network childminders who provide the govts free sessions provision.

We have no network in my area so I am not obliged to follow any curriculum. However it is good practice to be aware of the Foundation Phase and bring aspects into your setting. This is easy as it is child led learning, lots of outdoor stuff and lots of expploration:D - oh and some Welsh language & curriculum cymraeg (Welsh national identity). Most of the stuff we should do anyway:thumbsup: . The new NMS do talk about observations but they do not have to be long formal observations, short obs on what the child has done, developmental obs etc. It is good practice to have formal obs though as they can show where to take the child to move forward but in the NMS it is not as prescriptive in this as EYFS.

Unlike England who are inspected by the English educational body we are inspected by the CSSIW who inspect care premises. This is the major difference between the 2.

Polly2
21-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi there! Congratulations on finding your first mindee :clapping:

Hope it all goes well for you! There are quite a few Welshys on here now so if you stuck just ask :thumbsup:

Mamma4Ya
14-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Congratulations on becoming Registered. I hope it all goes well for you. :clapping:

Sorry I cant help as I am still waiting to attend the information session next month so it is all new to me. :)

flowerpots
14-07-2011, 06:25 AM
:clapping: congratulations on registering :clapping:
Hope you have a fab day with your mindee. :D