PDA

View Full Version : Activity for baby & 4year old

zoe1986
18-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi, I have my pre-reg visit on tuesday so am madly trying to swat up on EYFS, welfare requirements etc. I have been slowly filling in my ofsted booklet over past couple of months whilst waiting for the call but am stuck for ideas on planning for baby/4 year old question. Does anyone have any ideas that went down really well with Mrs O?! Also do we have to show planning for these activities?

My heads all a bit of a mush at the moment so any advice would be fab :-)

sarah707
19-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Planning for babies follows their interests - so if the 1 year old likes reading sensory books you might put together a sensory basket for him to explore.

Planning for older children follows their interests as well but can also include themed activities such as exploring the seasons, finding out more about mini beasts, setting up role play shops if the child likes shopping etc.

Hth :D

The Juggler
19-06-2011, 09:16 PM
not sure about your space but if you want a more freeplay approach, you could have smallworld set up for the older child and then as Sarah says, treasure basket, or sensory toys set up for the baby

or maybe do a musical/songtime activity for them and/or depending on age of baby maybe do something like water/cornflour play?

jojo123
21-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I remember I struggled with that question too - but I never got asked anything like that at my visit! Good luck for yours :)