PDA

View Full Version : I need some reasurance

foxy lady
18-06-2011, 08:07 PM
hi just wanted some reasurance from you guys.
my little boy who will be 2 in july has has really bad d &v bug since tuesday. i have taken him to the out of hours doctors today and they have checked him over, he is still being sick even if he has had water and hasnt eaten a thing for 3 days. they said he was ok and not dehidrated and too keep on with sips of water and no food or milk but i am very worried about him. he is very tired and quite and has slept most of the day.
have your children ever had d&v for this long? how long did it last?
they have given me a bottle for a specimin to take to my docs on monday if he is no better then.
im so worried about him that im not sleeping

Mookins
18-06-2011, 08:16 PM
personaly i would take him to the hospital if he was my son...if you are that worried hun trust your mothering instincts...children can get dehydrated so quickly....at least if you get there and its nothing other than just a bug at least you have put your mind to rest...theres so many bugs round and about

poor little lad...hugs for you both

xxx

miffy
18-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I agree with Mookins - if you are worried get another opinion.

He is very young and I would also be worried about him not drinking. He might not have been dehydrated when the dr examined him but he could become so if he can't keep water down.

Go with your gut instincts - you know your child better than anyone.

Hope he is soon feeling better

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
18-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I agree with Mookins - if you are worried get another opinion.

He is very young and I would also be worried about him not drinking. He might not have been dehydrated when the dr examined him but he could become so if he can't keep water down.

Go with your gut instincts - you know your child better than anyone.

Hope he is soon feeling better

Miffy xx

Totally agree with Miffy, and Mookins .
Hope he feels better soon
xx

sarah707
18-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I agree that he needs to be checked again... I am not sure a Saturday night in casualty is the best place though it can be quite horrible in there.

If you are still worried could you get the doc out? Or maybe take him first thing in the morning?

I am just thinking about whether sitting in casualty and being seen by tired doctors after waiting for hours is going to help him feel better. It might make him worse :(

Only you know how bad he is though and obviously if he's really poorly then take him asap.

Hugs to both of you xx

rickysmiths
18-06-2011, 10:03 PM
One of my two and a half year old mindees had this in March. He was sick with me on the Tuesday afternoon twice bless him, just got him cleaned up and he did it again, lucky mum arrived as I was mopping him up. He was very poorly s & d until the Sat night. It then took 4 more days until he was back to normal, so a week in all.

They did take hime to hospital, they didn't do a lot. I think I agree with Sarah, unless you are really worried and you know he is dehydrated I would want to avoid A & E on a Sat night. If he has a really depressed skull then I would ring NHS direct for advise.

Keep him sipping water even if he is sick on it, try to get him to take infant dioralyte (it has essential salts in it) or if he hates that and mine always did!! Try lemonade that has gone flat. It rehydrates and because it is sweet he may be more inclined to drink it and the sugar will give a bit of energy. My mum used to give us flat Lucasade (spelling!!).

Good luck, poor little fellow.

miffy
19-06-2011, 08:24 AM
How is he this morning Foxy?

Miffy xx

foxy lady
19-06-2011, 10:17 AM
uum i think he is a little better we have managed to get him to have a fruit ice lolly this morning and he wasnt sick. his temp is back to normal it has been upto 39.5 for the last few days. he is also sipping water here and there and hasnt brought it back up yet. all he wants to do is sleep he slept 12 hours last night got up for 1.5 hour and has gone back to bed.im still very worried but i think it might be getting a little better:)

rickysmiths
19-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Glad he is drinking, the ice lolly is a good idea. Sleeping isn't unusual. His poor little body has been trough the mill over the last few days and needs to recover. They way it does that is to sleep.

foxy lady
19-06-2011, 01:33 PM
oh no now ive just looked in his mouth and it looks like he has got really bad thrush. of we go again to the hospital. no wonder he isnt eating or drinking d&v and a sore mouth:panic: