PDA

View Full Version : EYFS pack wanted

flojo
18-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone, I am pre-reg and new to this site although I have been lurking for some time. :)

I have been to a pre-reg briefing and confusingly they told us we need an EFYS pack and that it is now unavailable. How does that work then? :(

I was hoping some kind people on this forum may have a spare one, that I would obviously happily pay the postage for (and be eternally grateful!). Either that or I'll be forced to buy one off ebay :eek:

xx

Pipsqueak
18-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Bumping

don't buy one of ebay...... its extortionate.....:( :panic:

download it instead if you have to

have you checked with your development officer and/or EY team or FIS .
check with your children centres to see if they have one they can give you or lend.

see if your DO will download and print one for you perhaps

flojo
18-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks Pipsqueak,

I've downloaded it already but I would like a hard copy. Reading things off a screen makes my eyes go funny, and cant really afford to print it :eek:

I'll try my local Surestart. Not sure who or what my development officer is, or how to get hold of the EY team. What's a FIS and DO? Excuse my ignorance. New to all this :D

Pipsqueak
18-06-2011, 09:20 PM
FIS - Families information service - your local one
DO - development officer (FIS should be able to tell you who yours is - if you have one... and/or put you in touch with your DO and/or EY team)

is there a Network (again ask FIS) NCMA one in your area that might have one.

its ridiculous that these cannot be accessed - totally ridiculous...

katie78
18-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I had to bite the bullet and get one off ebay :eek:

Bloomin fortune but i couldnt find one anywhere else and didnt want to print it all out :eek:

Katie xx

flojo
18-06-2011, 09:51 PM
It IS ridiculous isn't it!

It was my local NCMA pre-reg briefing I found out I needed it but wouldn't be able to get it and was given a piece of paper with the website, phone number and postal address of the people who couldn't issue it to me! Madness.

Thanks for the info Pipsqueak :)

I am fairly tempted with ebay Katie but I really resent paying for a free publication :( , and I'm a bit skint too, so I'd rather not.

snuffy123lulu
19-06-2011, 11:12 AM
You are welcome to my disc which I don't use as my new laptop has no disc drive.

missymood
19-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Please don't buy off e-bay. These people grab loads and sell them on for a profit it is totally out of order:angry:
I have to say i printed it all and claimed on my expenses for the ink. Still a pain in the XXXX:D

flojo
19-06-2011, 01:15 PM
That's an idea Missymood, I guess I could do that. Is a bit of a pain though. I still can't believe we are expected to use a publication that's impossible to get. :(

Snuffy, that's very kind of you, I could paypal you the postage if you pm me your email address? :)

katie78
19-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I must admit to being very unhappy with parting with £20 for the pack when all it took was the person i bought it from was one quick phone call !! Quickest money they ever made grrrrrrr :angry: :angry:

Unfortunatly untill the blinkin government decide whats happening with the EYFS i had to boo hooooo :(

Good luck in finding a pack, i hope you have more luck than me

Katie xxx

flojo
19-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks Katie,

I've emailed my local Family Information Service as Pipsqueak suggested so fingers crossed they might be able to help. Otherwise eBay here I come :angry:

x

flojo
23-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your brilliant suggestion Pipsqueak, my local FIS have sorted me one out :)