PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit

sheila27
16-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I am going to arrange my pre reg visit and I was wondering what I needed in place for the visit in terms of paper work toys and my house. Also can I apply for a crb before the pre reg visit? It's confusing to know what to do and when. Thanks

aliwali
16-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, I had my pre-reg visit on Tuesday. First of all don't worry it will be fine. I had done my risk assessments for my house, none for trips or school Pickup. I had also started looking at a couple of policies but not many. I knew which ones I had to have from the statutory framework, and that seemed fine.

She asked me lots of questions around safeguarding, eyes, planning, food etc. She also offered lots of suggestions to make things easier.

Overall I would say try and have answers for all the questions in booklet and you'll be fine. Let us know how it goes.

Alison

nikkiross1
17-06-2011, 06:41 AM
hey, i have ust sent my applocation pack off for the my pre-reg visit and my pack had in it the application pack itself, and ey2 form to fill in for my partner and a health declaration booklet i had to take to the drs to get filled in. Ofsted then phoned me a couple of days later to say they had recieved my applcation and they will be sending out the CRB forms to me in the post (so i presume i can fill these in and send them off before my visit as i dont know when that will be yet) but whether or not they will come back before hand i dont no!
i have done a risk asseseement of each room i plan to use in my house, my back garden and front area (driveway) and a risk ass of my trip to the local park.
I have done quite a few policies and and planning to get to grips with the EYFS this week!!
i have a 13 month old so i have quite a few bits and bobs for her, but not much to go accross to other ages, but from what iv gathered peoples advice is to wait to see what age children you will be getting first then provide for them! xx

aliwali
17-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi, just on the crb. I sent my crb forms off straight away and they are not back yet. Prospects lady said they don't normally come out until the crb is back but they did so they may come to you quite quickly.

Jiorjiina
17-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Ofsted won't arrange my pre-reg visit until they have both my CRB form and my health declaration.

I got my copy of my CRB in the post today, so now I'm waiting for my health declaration, which is being held up by the central medical records place having lost my record. Sigh.

For their visit, you should basically know how you are going to operate your business:

You don't necessarily need to have toys already, but you should have a list of stuff you will get, when you have mindees (toys depending on their ages, etc).

You need to know where you are going to be minding (which rooms in your house), as they will register you for those rooms only.

You need your basic policies in place (do a forum search for a list, there are loads of threads on the subject), and an idea about risk assessments (which will have to be in place by the time you actually start minding).

Can't think of anything more at the moment, but then part of the point of the pre-reg visit it to be able to ask them what you need to do to be suitable.

They can register you on the condition that you fix any problems before you take on children, so you don't have to be completely flawless when they arrive. Although personally speaking, I know I'll be freaking out unless I am when they arrive! :blush:

Hope that helps!

sheila27
22-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi, sorry I haven't been able to go online for a while:-(
Thanks for all the replies they were very helpful. I have started on my policies and risk assessments so hopefully I will be ok when I have my pre reg visit.

rainbowgarden
28-06-2011, 07:38 PM
if you go on bromley childminding website just google it, there are all the policy you need you. You just need to change them abit.

shazsull
28-06-2011, 08:16 PM
i used the bromely site & was told to redo them :blush: mrs o had been to a minder who had written them all fabulously i was struggling ,i got sarahs e book and need to get on with that!!!!also told i had to much plastic toys but she was really lovely im just waiting for my crb which is on its last stage but i wont hold my breath !

Kezzle
28-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm going to avoid too much plastic! I'm aiming for more natural wooden things if possible. (She says hiding the plastic ladybird pram in the cupboard *ahem*)