PDA

View Full Version : Waiver for disqualification

missnaughty
16-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi

I have signed my waiver form and ofsted called yesterday to say they are coming out to see me on Tuesday morning to talk about my disqualification and to chat about my incident 21 years ago :eek: (family row with my sister which ended in a fight I was 15 she was 19)
The weird thing is ofsted said I was disqualified from working with children I have helped out in schools for 3 years, also helped with home start as a volunteer not once has anyone came back with this to me. I would of been mortfied that I have been banned from working with children.
I am still helping at the school and I just hope they agree to my waiver.

She sounded ok just unsure of what to expect. I have also got to have a medical assessment done on Monday evening. Once these two things have been done then I should just be ready for pre-reg visit.

I have told ofsted I will not be paying for anything else i.e first aid course things for the house etc etc until they have been to see me. Luckily they did understand that.

hayleymarie33
16-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi

Im from lincoln

Im waiting for hubbys to come through his crb is now back with the police as they had forgotten to put down some info of the incident- This is my point all along they expect you to do do first aid etc with no guarentee of being registered

im certain we will be sent a waiver form he got a caution for battery against me im told this is the lowest form of violence by the police themselves

hope it goes ok

missnaughty
16-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi

Im from lincoln

Im waiting for hubbys to come through his crb is now back with the police as they had forgotten to put down some info of the incident- This is my point all along they expect you to do do first aid etc with no guarentee of being registered

im certain we will be sent a waiver form he got a caution for battery against me im told this is the lowest form of violence by the police themselves

hope it goes ok

I hope it will go ok too, Made me laugh as they wanted my £35 registration fee straight away. I was just so surprised that on the waiver it states that it is an offence to work with children in any provision. 3 years I have been working voluntary at the school. I have never been told I am banned from working with children I feel slightly upset that I am classed in the same bracket as someone who has commited offences against children (banned). But I also know if my child was being looked after i would want ofsted to have made sure that the people caring for my child had been looked into.

wendywu
16-06-2011, 12:00 PM
But at 15 you were classed as a child yourself , i dont quite understand :rolleyes:

missnaughty
16-06-2011, 12:04 PM
But at 15 you were classed as a child yourself , i dont quite understand :rolleyes:

It does state any offence commited as a child against an adult and any offence as a adult against a child will be disqualified.

It is bizarre but they have stated as it is on my record as actual bodily harm I am banned from working in any child provision and ofsted need to come out and interview me and find out actual events of that day once they have been out they will then make the decision on waiving my ban.

littleguy1
21-06-2011, 07:41 AM
I had to apply for a waiver as my partner had been to prison before we met and I must say I was quite frustrated and annoyed at the prospect of not being able to follow my chosen career because of something he had done. I've been good all my life plus he wouldn't even be caring for the children anyway! At the same time, I would probably want to know if it was my child.

Blades35
21-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi, just reading your problems with CRB disqualifications, I have just rec'd a letter regarding my partner's CRB, he's been disqualified and they are sending me a waiver form, although i was expecting this as he was done for ABH but it was 20 yrs ago when he was a teenager etc, I spk my Ofsted inspector on my pre-reg visit & she told me that it wasn't a "deal breaker" just be honest about it all, which we have. So, have you heard anything back from your waiver? Did Ofsted visit you or was it just the form & explanatory letter that was neccessary? I'm very interested to hear how it went for both of you? As, like you, I am waitng to work!! So frustrating! Thanks...:panic:

littleguy1
21-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi there

My waiver was accepted! Yey! I was so chuffed when they waivered my partners disqualification! I really thought they wouldn't. I never asked my partner about what happened with regards to the offence as it was before we met and his business but obviously, due to the waiver, we were sent statements from the time it happened and allsorts so I read them and I'll be honest, I was shocked! I thought there is NO WAY Ofsted would waiver it. I won't go into detail but he was charged with GBH and ours got waivered. What I will say though, is be prepared. They do go into great detail!

Blades35
26-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow! That is great news for you! Congrats! And, good news for me too I have to say, as it gives me hope! I have dug out an award he was given by the police for bravery a few years after his offence, thought it would do some good, show has he changed etc, how much detaildo they want? What did you provide? Thanks for your info, I really appreciate it.:)

littleguy1
26-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow! That is great news for you! Congrats! And, good news for me too I have to say, as it gives me hope! I have dug out an award he was given by the police for bravery a few years after his offence, thought it would do some good, show has he changed etc, how much detaildo they want? What did you provide? Thanks for your info, I really appreciate it.:)

Hiya

They want every detail! They wanted my partner to go over every detail, it was almost like he was going over his statement again which he wasn't happy about because obviously, this happened before we got together so I'm sure he didn't want it all dragged up. Good idea about the certificate, anything that you have that will help is all good. Just be confident and happy to discuss anything with the interviewer and it will be fine. I was so nervous but
It went fine :-) oh, she asked me what I'd do if my partner got aggressive whilst I was minding children and I just looked at her like she had 2 heads, I just said that would never happen. And she was like, but what if it did?? So I just said well he'd have to leave, the children would be my priority.
Hope this helps

Vic

wonderwoman80
26-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I have posted my waiver form back today? Just wondered how long it takes before they contact you? Sounds like we will get an interview from someone then? Do they make the decision there and then when they come out to see you and if they do say yes do they put any restrictions on your certificate of registration? Sorry for all the questions, I am so desperate to get the go ahead! I have over thirteen years childcare experience, and a clean record! It goes back to my partner who had a conviction of ABH whilst serving in the armed forces nine years ago!ahhh

littleguy1
27-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh I know exactly how you feel, I was so frustrated and what makes it worse is, no they don't make the decision straight away, they say it can take up to 4 weeks as it has to got to a panel of 3 and they literally took the whole 4 weeks to get back to me with a decision. I waited a whole week for the last person on the panel to make their decision! I got told this is because they only meet once a month or something. It is a lengthy process that you don't need on top of everything else you have to worry about but I don't think you have anything to worry about especially with your experience with children already on your side
I hope this helps :-)

missnaughty
29-07-2011, 10:10 AM
My disqualification has been waived too :clapping: However as I have not been doing anything regarding childminding since waiting on this I am now lost in paperwork :panic:

I have spoken to ofsted this morning saying that they have got everything and it is all in place and to expect a call within a week or two :panic:

I am now trying to work out what I need done and ready if anyone can reply with a check list I would be so grateful. :)

xxxxx

littleguy1
29-07-2011, 10:33 AM
It's difficult isn't it. I actually just ploughed on anyway and did my course and first aid even though I was a bit of a risk but we get funding for most things here so I didn't spend too much cash!

Safety proof the house
Policies
Risk assessment
I've got a folder with my fire drills and alarm checks in (mrs o was quite impressed with that)
First aid box

Um.....have you got the EYFS?
Just look in there at all the requirements

:-) yey! Congrats about the waiver!!

Xxx

Blades35
30-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Wow, another waiver! This is really positive news! I don't mind the wait as such, I'm just praying we get the waiver approved! Thank you so much for the tips, I guess we should expect an interview too. I sent my form off yesterday with details of his bravery commendation (kiss, kiss!:rolleyes: ) but anything that will help, I said in the form how much he's changed, good person, long time ago etc etc, fingers crossed.

I've done all my training & first aid etc months ago, I finished my course in November! Only got my CRB back in March, it has taken forever! I think I will have a HUGE celebration if/when I get my certificate!

My pre-reg inspector was very nice, she asked me about situations and how I would implement the EYFS, but they were quite straight forward, checked the glass on my windows to see if they were safe, and make sure your kitchen worktops are clutter free, no cleaning products etc.

Hopefully, I'll post soon with another waiver to cheer about! Thanks again!
x:laughing:

Blades35
05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Eeek, Ofsted got my wiaver form on Monday & i had a call from an inspector today to arrange the interview! So she's coming on Monday to meet me & my partner to discuss the details of his offence etc, God, i'm sooooo nervous, i guess as for the first time it's out of my hands & I'm relying on my partner, it's all down to him I suppose!!! He's eager to meet her & happy to talk about it all, so at least he's fully on board, but still makes me nervous, GULP! Just got to arrange for my daughter to be looked after, I think it'd be better if she wasn't here, as she's 14 months and a bit of a handful!

Well, here goes....fingers crossed!!!!
xxx:eek:

wonderwoman80
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
wow! Thats quick, they got mine last wednesday and still not had a phone call, I have rung twice to try and hurry them up too! Lets hope they ring me soon!

Zumba-mum
05-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Good luck for monday, i'll be keeping everything crossed. I'm a little worried about my hubby crb as he go into trouble almost two years ago, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time pub fight and he ended up hitting someone and got charged, he's never hit anyone b4. I was so :angry: when i found out.

Blades35
06-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks alot guys, I appreciate it, I hope they get back to you soon, to be honest, I'm glad it's happening soon, as another long nervous wait would do me in, but I guess this is the last hurdle, and then I should know once & for all! I'm sure you OH's incident will be OK, it was a charge, and not a conviction (like my fella's!) Well, keep everything crossed & I'll let you know how it goes on Monday!
x:panic:

wonderwoman80
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Hope today went well! Got a phone call today, think due to me keep chasing it up! Got our interview on Wednesday. Then apparently goes to a pnael next Thursday to decide! Guess its all just a waiting game!

wonderwoman80
14-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Should hopefully have a decision by the end of the week, whether waiver been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!

missnaughty
14-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Should hopefully have a decision by the end of the week, whether waiver been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!

Good luck and I have got my fingers crossed for you . x

Zumba-mum
18-08-2011, 02:25 PM
:( we are being sent a waiver due to hubby's crb, I'm so upset. Any good advice ladies.

Superwoman any news?

Blades35
18-08-2011, 04:48 PM
WAAAHHHHOOOO!!! Another waiver guys!!!! PHEW!!!! We had the interview a week last Monday, the panel were meeting today & I was told I'd hear by tomorrow, but the lady called me about an hour ago as she knew I was anxious to know, she said it had all been waivered and i'd recieve it all in writing in about a week, then my certificate will be on it's way! What a MASSIVE relief, I've been in knots all day, so anxious. So thanks for all your advice, and I'm sure yours will be waivered too, they seem to be reasonable with the waivers, but it is one hell of a nervewracking process, having your future in someone else's hands!

Good luck with the interview and everything!

Yipeeeeee! I think I may indulge in a glass of plonk tonight to celebrate!:clapping: :laughing:

Zumba-mum
18-08-2011, 05:34 PM
:jump for joy: well done i'm glad it's finally over for you hun.How long did it take? Enjoy your drinks :D I won't het a visit till this is cleared so i've still got away to go :panic:

Blades35
18-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Hiya, Thanks hun, so glad it's over too. I sent my waiver form off on the 29th July and lady came to us for interview on 8th August, and heard back today, so that part was quite quick, but the lengthy part was the wait for my partners CRB, that took forever, i sent them both off at the same time, and i got mine back in March, his came back end of July, and a few days later I got the disqualification letter from Ofsted. I included a couple of personal references for my partner with the waiver form, on advice from the interviewer, so maybe get some ready for your other half.

I will keep everything crossed for you, and I totally know what your going through! I was actually looking at Nanny options last night! Thinking what i would do if it was refused!!:panic:

Good luck, let us know how you go!:)

wonderwoman80
18-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Hiya, Thanks hun, so glad it's over too. I sent my waiver form off on the 29th July and lady came to us for interview on 8th August, and heard back today, so that part was quite quick, but the lengthy part was the wait for my partners CRB, that took forever, i sent them both off at the same time, and i got mine back in March, his came back end of July, and a few days later I got the disqualification letter from Ofsted. I included a couple of personal references for my partner with the waiver form, on advice from the interviewer, so maybe get some ready for your other half.

I will keep everything crossed for you, and I totally know what your going through! I was actually looking at Nanny options last night! Thinking what i would do if it was refused!!:panic:

Good luck, let us know how you go!:)

Great news!! My got waivered too! Ours was heard by the panel today but like you felt sick with worry!! I not had a pre registration visit yet and not really done any preparing towards it because was worried the waiver but not get passed.
Now panic stations! But at least over one hurdle!

Zumba-mum
18-08-2011, 08:04 PM
What does the waiver say/ what kind of questions? Who shell i get references from ie friends old bosses of mine who know hubby(nannying bosses)

Keeping everything crossed. xxxxx

wonderwoman80
18-08-2011, 08:11 PM
I backed my waiver form up with Two references for me as I am a TA from work collegues. For my partner( who had the criminal record) references from his work, he used to be in Army so a few old ones from them. I also enclosed a letter stating how it was a mistake, all the experience I have had working with children, described the incident and how long ago it was and it was a one off and that he had always declared this right from the beginning that he had an offence as we knew it would show up.

You will proberly get an interview like we did she was really lovely and said although she didnt make the overall decision thought it would be fine. She basically asked about the offence and wanted details of what happened and the punishment he got fo it. He got done for ABH 9 years ago. She asked me a few questions too about what I would do if it happened again, obviously it wont but she wanted to know. Mine went to panel today and got past. Know how you are feeling I have been driving everyone mad worrying but sure it will be fine. Hope this helps.

Zumba-mum
18-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks. I nannied for a family for 10 years and they no my husband so i'll get them to write one, do you think a printed of email from them will be ok?? they will have there contact details on too. It's just a ****** nightmare. Also i've paid out money for stuff and £45 for my course which starts in sep :panic:

:clapping: for getting your cleared

wonderwoman80
18-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Honestly I am sure you wil be fine! Its the waiting thats the hardest point! Yeh I would get a reference from them, even an email anything that you thing will help. Let us know how it goes.

Blades35
20-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes, I also included 2 personal references for myself from old friends, but past employers would be good, and for my partner again it was just 2 personal references, the interview lady asked all the details and circumstances surrounding the conviction (it was 20 yrs ago & he was drunk & got into a fight) but she was very understanding and said that she felt it would be fine, but it was ultimately up to the panel. She asked us questions like "Are you a volatile couple?" "Do you drink now at home?" etc The interview was much easier than I thought it would be. I'm sure it'll be fine hun, but it's ****** nerve wracking. I paid out for all my course, first aid etc ages ago, I even got daily dairies, journals, planners etc, too keen perhaps?:p

Everything crossed for you! Let us know!
xxxxxx

Zumba-mum
20-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I received the waiver this morning. I have three references from old nanny job's i'll send with it, i'm a little confused as it's my hubby who's been in trouble so has the waiver go to be filled out by him??

wonderwoman80
20-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I was confused too I filled it out as me so where it says about convictions etc I put I hadnt got any. But then there was a scetion where I put see attached letter and discussed it in there. When inspector came out she said if it was my partner who wanted to become my assistant then he would have had to fill it out in his name hope that helps. They never make any form easy!

Zumba-mum
22-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Well i have sent my form off:panic: they should get it wednesday :eek:
So hope it doesn't take long, will they ring to say they have got it?? Or then they have decided the next step. I'm so going to HATE this part. Thanks for all your help.

Blades35
23-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi, once they've received your form, they should ring you to arrange a visit, they will need you & your partner there, as it'll be mainly him they want to talk to (she chatted to mine alot whilst I was in the kitchen making tea) so he may need to take some time off work, mine left work early. She wasn't here too long, about an hour. I didn't wait too long before i got the call, a few days. Good luck sweetheart, i know how you are feeling, ERGH!! But be positive - Keeping everything crossed for you! Let us know when you hear back!
xxx:)

Zumba-mum
23-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks. It will mean hub will prob have to take a day off which will mean he won't get paid :angry: .Wil keep you up dated :thumbsup:

Blades35
23-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Same here, my fella lost pay too, so annoying! :angry: x

Zumba-mum
23-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I know they're only doing there job but it still makes me :angry: when you hear people who work with children end up turning out to be not nice at all.

Zumba-mum
26-08-2011, 03:12 PM
:panic: :eek: Just had a call from ofsted, there coming Thursday round 3.30. Please keep everything crossed. I'm so worried, don't know what to expect. As it's due to hubby will they still ask me questions.

Pandypops
26-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Good luck - fingers crossed!!

Blades35
27-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Well at least you have a date now, god I know exactly how you're feeling, I was exactly the same, nervous as hell and realising that it was all down to my other half! I was in the kitchen making tea & I could hear her asking him questions and i was going "No, don't say that, say this" etc but honestly it was fine, she was very nice and not judgemental at all, if anything i felt she was understanding, re-iterating that he was young when it happened and understood etc. She said they wanted to make sure that we weren't a volatile couple, and (as he was drunk when it happened) what he drinks these days, do we drink at home, how he felt about me having children here all day, is he supportive of me, that sort of thing, but it was mainly about what exactly happened on the day of the offence, got his side of the story. Good luck hun, try not to worry too much, I'll be keeping everything crossed, let me know how it goes.xxx:)

Zumba-mum
31-08-2011, 12:56 PM
:eek: Ofsted coming tomorrow :panic: Please keep us in your thoughts, so hope it goes well. As it due to hubby i'm guessing they won't talk to me much. She said she'll be here 3.30ish . Has anyone heard sooner then the 4wks??What about if they say no can i still be a nanny, i'm really starting to worry now :(

Blades35
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
How did it go??? Was it yesterday? I heard back the same week, but it was as the "panel" were meeting that week. I hope it went ok and you don't feel so worried now, my interviewer really managed to put my mind at ease and make me feel confident. Anyway, it's all over now, you've done you're best and everything that was asked of you. I'm sure it'll be fine. xxx

Zumba-mum
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks. I won't find out till two wks tomorrow as thats when the panel are sitting again. The lady was really nice didn't say either your be fine or not just 50/50. She did say we can appeal if they say no and that i can still nanny if it doesn't work out. I feel please it over for now and hub answered all the questions, so it's just a waiting game now. She gave me so advice for when i have my pre visit hopefully.

Blades35
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
That's annoying, another 2 week wait, ergh! But i'm sure it'll a positive result. Like you, I was thinking what to do if it was a no, and I found a website especially for Nannies with their own children, "little angels" or something, so Nannying is an option, but i'm sure it won't come to that. Try not to stress in your wait, I'll check back to see how it's all gone in two weeks. EVerything crossed for you hun.:)

Zumba-mum
15-09-2011, 04:12 PM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: It been waiverd i'm so happy :clapping: All i'm waiting for now is a call for my pre reg visit. Thank you all for all your help adn thinking of me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Katiekoo
15-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Good news! Well done for sticking with it :D

jayjay1963
15-09-2011, 05:07 PM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: It been waiverd i'm so happy :clapping: All i'm waiting for now is a call for my pre reg visit. Thank you all for all your help adn thinking of me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's great news, now onwards and upwards:clapping: :clapping:

Jacqui

Blades35
27-09-2011, 11:28 AM
WAHOOOOO!!!!!:clapping: Well done sweetheart, What a relief! Good luck with everything. I'mnow waiting for my toolkit & insurance to arrive and then hit the ground running! Well done!xxxx

Zumba-mum
27-09-2011, 12:04 PM
:clapping: Who did you go with?? I've got my pre reg visit this Friday :eek: Can't wait thou. Have you any parents waiting.

wonderwoman80
27-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey thats fab news! Told you there was nothing to worry about!!!

Blades35
27-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Hiya, i went with NCMA, I've had a few enquiries and passed my details on, I have a 16 month old so am at sll the playgroups & playgrounds etc, so meet quite a few mums that way, How about you? any leads? We have "Meet the Minder" meetings (like speed-dating for parents & Childminders) in my borough, so will be attending them too! x:laughing:

Zumba-mum
27-09-2011, 09:13 PM
What a good idea. I have a 2yr and 5yr old myself so they sure keep me busy, i've had a few look at my profile but nothing really just waiting for mt visit then go from there. What made you go with NCMA i really don't know which one to chose.

Blades35
29-09-2011, 07:58 PM
To be honest, i didn't really know which one to chose either, so I figured parents would be more familiar with NCMA, plus you get automatic membership, which i thought can only be a good thing, but i don't think there's much difference!?!:)